Monday, 26 November 2012

A Price on my Head

Sweater: Gap, Cowl: Vero Moda, Skirt: Meadow Rue, Anthro, Boots: from Norway

Well, Anthro sure put a price on my head - the other day, a fed ex courier knocked on our door with a parcel from Anthropologie. They'd sent me a big scented candle - it smells lovely, of pomegranates I believe, and it came in such a cute jar too. There was also a little note saying they hoped I'd feel better soon, and some mysterious cardboard thingie with an A printed on it that I almost threw in the recycling, thinking it was just packaging. "Let me have a look at that," said Victor, and after my husband had fiddled with it for a minute, the thing popped open to reveal an Anthro gift card and a receipt. Can you guess how much the gift card was for?



Now, I realise Anthro weren't obliged to give me anything at all after one of their shelves fell on my head last week. (It hurt. A lot.) And I certainly wasn't expecting a gift card at all. So this isn't me being bitchy, this is me being bemused. They gave me £25, which equates to roughly $40. "That's the price on your head," my husband hoots. "Twenty-five quid!" I'm like, "Come on, I've got a degree and everything! Isn't my head worth at least 50?" Not to mention the massage I wound up getting to soothe all the tightened muscles in my back and neck so I'd be able to sleep a whole night straight - which I couldn't, post-shelf - because I kept waking up in pain - that massage cost rather more than £25. 




Joking aside, I did end up putting the gift card to good use this Sunday, after Victor and I had decided it was  right for me to accept it. Thanks to the 20% discount (yes, we got the same Black Friday deal in the UK, except it lasted all weekend!) plus the gift card, I could buy this brand new skirt for what I thought was a pretty fair price. Obviously, I plan on wearing it every day for the rest of my life. Hence my investment in the matching cowl. Prepare to get heartily sick of them both - because I genuinely don't have the space or the money for any more skirts!

Note: The skirt looks longer than me than on the model - that's because I sized up for extra length - the waistband is a bit loose, but I can easily take that in myself with a stitch or two. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh no, a display shelf fell on you?! Ouch - well, at least the store was thoughtful enough to send a little something.

    You look great in that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's pretty much what happened. I do feel better now though. And yes, I thought it was nice of them, the candle smells wonderful! And thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete