Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Head, Meet Shelf!


Cardigan + belt: H&M, Top: Deletta, Jeans: AG Stevies, Boots: Meander Moto Boots

So I went to Anthro today and a shelf fell on my head. For reals. Happily I took these photos before that. 

See, I was actually on my way to Wholefoods to buy healthy eats, and was just planning to quickly run in there and try on two jackets so I'd know my size if they ever hit sale or something. Isn't that what everybody does? I mean, a girl's allowed to dream, right? 



Now, the way this store has its displays set up, there are some shelves along the wall with clothes hanging down from the bottom of the shelf on a pole. A pole attached to the bottom of a wide wooden shelf, which rests on two metal thingies - what do you call them, runners? Anyways, I'd tried on one of the jackets and was hanging it back up like a good little shopper, and then the whole shelf came down on my head. With an almighty bang, might I add. 


I have to say, the SA's were super nice to me, getting me an ice pack and a glass of water, taking turns sitting with me until I felt well enough to leave. Apparently most of them were named Lauren, which was another odd coincidence to slot into an already weird day.


While I was sitting there pressing an ice pack against my head - I now look like one of the Romans from Asterix the Gaul, with a head bump of seriously epic proportions - one of the Laurens complimented me on my outfit. So at least there was that. And I've been to the doctor, and apparently I only have a mild concussion and not a skull fracture at all. Yay! ... and owww.

To brighten the mood after that tale of near disaster - have an out-take! Because apparently, I have boobs. 





6 comments:

  1. Oh no Gwen!! I'm so sorry to hear what happened today!! Yikes, and Ouch!! Anthro needs to give you a free jacket for being so nice about the whole incident. If it was someone nasty they would sue the store!! I hope your bump heals before Thanksgiving!! Take Care!!
    And love how you tucked in the Deletta Top!! Great choice with the red cardigan too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being so sweet, Sayaka! I had a pretty uncomfortable night, but I think the bump already getting better - it's just my neck that's really sore now, since my head sort of got wrenched sideways I pulled a lot of muscles.
      It would be great if they gave me a free jacket, hehe, but probably not - one of the Laurens gave me a handful of 15% off vouchers, but I'm not planning on using those. They phoned me from the store today too, to check on me and make sure that I was all right, I thought that was really nice of them.

      Delete
  2. Amazing jeans - I LOVE LOVE AG!!!! Especially the coated denim they have out now! Your blog is adorable!

    xo
    Sarah

    www.stylesarah.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. :) AG have the best jeans ever, don't they? I just wish they didn't cost so darn much! ;) I've only ever tried their Stevie ones, and would love to try some of the other cuts someday.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about your head! Love your top here.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'm doing much better today. If you want the top I'm sure I've seen it floating around ebay. Deletta's floral tops are just the cutest. :)

      Delete