Saturday, 1 December 2012

Frozen Oxblood.

Cowl: Vero Moda, Sweater: Swapped, Skirt: Meadow Rue, Boots: Meander Moto Boots. 


London was so cold today that I almost died*. I could practically feel the oxblood freezing in my veins (uh, what?). I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's so cold that I can't decide whether or not the colour of my new skirt qualifies as oxblood. Does it?

On a happier note, my Norwegian powers are back in full swing. And by that, I mean my ability to communicate with animals like a Disney princess. Today, there was a little squirrel who wanted to climb all over me while walked up to my usual photo spot, no doubt expecting me to go "Aww!" and feed him, only all I had in my pocket were my house keys and my lens cap. But how was I supposed to know whether he had rabies or not? So I was more or less chased around by this tiny hyperactive squirrel! That last picture is me trying to telepathically communicate that I would like Mr. Squirrel to stay the h-word away from me, please. 


*I exaggerate, of course. 



9 comments:

  1. I really like how you styled the skirt: the lace and stripes pair well, and the cowl makes it look extra cozy. I was loving the lace skirt and what I would call its berry color until you mention oxblood...Now I'm imagining the lace pattern is clots of blood. lol. Maybe the squirrel was a carnivorous scavenger and that's why he was stalking you (your skirt)?

    Anyways...as usual, cute outfit! I'm glad to see that, like me, you get obsessed with particular items and style them all sorts of different ways. For me, it justifies the buying of the item because I can tell my husband, "Look how versatile it is!". Yeah, like he cares. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally laughed my ass off. Blood clots! I think I'm going to ask Anthro to rename the skirt the Clotted Blood Lace Skirt in you honour! ;)
      "Dear Anthropologie, I have a somewhat unorthodox suggestion for your good selves..." XD

      And yeah, remixing your items justifies the price tag, doesn't it? A little bit, anyway? I'd rather have a few pricey things that I love than lots of cheap crap that falls apart after a couple of washes.(And Meadow Rue's stuff is machine washable!)

      Delete
  2. Those colors are gorgeous on you! Very nicely styled too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I gotta confess I got the styling idea from the Anthro catalogue shot, though! ;)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful color palette on you Gwen!! I love all the textures you used too!! And I can only imagine how freezing cold it is in London!! But I do kind of envy snowy weather....although I know it's a pain for the people who live there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sayaka! I really enjoyed this outfit too, it was a fun one to wear. I'd forgotten how much I love this berry/burgundy/oxblood colour!

      We don't actually have snow yet, but when we do, London panics and shuts down. It would be hilarious if we didn't rely on the transport networks, but things like snow on the tracks makes them freak out and cancel every single train. In Norway, we put snow plows on the front of our trains and carry on as normal. ;)

      Delete
  4. I love it! I see what you mean about being able to wear it a little bit lower. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristin! Sizing up was a good idea - I keep putting off taking the waistband in because I like wearing it low on my hips, too. And yeah, I am so gonna repeat this outfit! (Just, uh, not on the blog!);)

      Delete
  5. definitely oxblood, but, with a pattern like that, color is always a little more varied and textured than a flat plane of paint or fabric. looks very cozy with your sweater!


    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete