Saturday, 15 December 2012

Making a Splash

Blazer: Cartonnier, Dress: Anthro, old, Belt: Thrifted, Boots: Hunter, Umbrella: From Japan. 




This outfit is totally copycatted (new word! all mine!) from this post on Sayaka's blog. She has such a good eye for pattern and colour - as soon as I saw this I wanted to recreate it. I wish you could see my belt better - should've added a close-up! Thrifted after a trip to the dentist this summer (he runs his practice out of his house, which is in the boonies, and thus surrounded by good thrifting), it's got lots of comic book panels and speech bubbles on it - kind of gives it a Jason Pollock vibe! 

When I saw that my usual photo spot had a large puddle in the middle of it, of course I had to mess around in the water! This was my date night outfit for when Victor took me to see the Hobbit, after a meal at a Japanese restaurant. A Tolkien movie* and Japanese food - that man sure knows how to spoil me! 

*All Norwegians love Tolkien. We can't help it, honest.


3 comments:

  1. Super adorable date outfit!! I love that you wore a striped jacket with the dress!! Mustard looks fabulous on you. And you make rain look like so much fun!! I love the one of you splashing in the rain, cuteness!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sayaka!! :) I guess puddles bring out my inner four-year-old! ;)

      Delete
  2. You look really adorable wearing your Wellingtons and splashing in puddles, I always look for puddles when I've got my Wellingtons on and my Tights stay dry.
    Kisses
    Wellies

    ReplyDelete