Sunday, 6 January 2013

Hippietown

Sweater: Peter Pan Pretender sweater, Anthro. Jeans: AG, Hat + earrings: Accessorize. 
 


This last picture is actually the first - I started off the day with my hair in a bun, to show off the cute neckline on this jumper and maybe my earrings too. (You can just see them there amongst the flyaways. Someday I should put in some effort and learn how to do my hair properly...) Eventually, I gave up and wore it down for warmth, because the streets of San Fran were mighty windy.

These photos were taken in Haight Ashbury, which is a bit of a hippietown from a bygone era - and our favourite place in all of San Francisco. Alternative bookstores, amazing graffiti - and best of all, the loveliest cafe and hostel you will find anywhere on planet Earth, the Red Victorian. The owner is the most badass little old lady who ever lived, and the walls are decorated with her beautiful motivational posters. Not to mention, their cinnamon hot chocolate is just so yummy - and so are their fresh fruit smoothies.

...writing all this just makes me want to go back there. Right now. Oh, snap! Hippietown, I miss you!

8 comments:

  1. You look so pretty in this top Gwen!! I'm so happy to hear you had a great time SF. That back drop definitely has that Haight St vibe to it (love it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!:)Victor and I both love SF and have been there three times together now. He even used to live there, years before we met, so he knows the city really well, and it`s like having my own personal tour guide.
      Guess what - I even thrifted an Anthro sweater from the Goodwill on Haight St! The label says "Sleeping on snow" and that was an old Anthro brand, right? I love it so much I literally sleep in it...

      Delete
  2. Love this top! It is so pretty. I also really like the colors of your outfit. I am the same way about my hair. Now that it's long enough to do things with, I don't know what to do! I need to sit down and watch youtube tutorials until I figure something out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! What about straightening it, which would make your naturally curly hair quite a bit longer, and then curling it again, but with big, loose waves? Kinda like a 50s rockabilly thing?

      Anyway, thanks for the lovely comment! And you should totally go order the sweater from the website right now, before it sells out!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It's very warm and very sparkly, and I'm sure I will love it forever. :)

      Delete
  4. You have the cutest boots. I'm jealous. The moto boots, the Timberland boots, now these...plus they're paired with pink jeans, and, ya know, it doesn't get more perfect than that for me. And ahhh...if only I could wear slouchy hats. Or any hats for that matter. I have a huge pumpkin head and look like a giant moon face in hats. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I need to blog my other boots too - my long brown ones and the insane cowboy boots I thrifted last spring and still haven't had the guts to wear in public!
      And hey, maybe you haven't found the right hat yet? Like maybe something more structured like a lady-Fedora or a wide-brimmed 70's hat would work for you? (My husband has a seriously MASSIVE head. He sympathises! ;)

      Delete