Monday, 28 January 2013

Layers, collars and colds.

Sweater: Anthro, Shirt: H&M, Necklace: J.Crew,  Jeans: AG Stevies, Boots: Timberland. 



Welcome to my mother's back garden. In Norway. Where it's sub-freezing right now, might I add, so I've taken back a delightful cold as a souvenir, with an eye infection thrown in extra for free. When I blow my nose, it sounds like a little angel blowing a trumpet. Or you know, a boy elephant trying to get it on with a girl elephant.  

Anyway, this outfit - I kind of liked it. I thought my new favourite shirt from H&M looked kind of cool layered under my Peter Pan sweater, a bit like the way they styled this thing in the Anthro catalogue. (Except they used some kind of Buffalo plaid, and I'm not down with that.) Throw on my new favourite necklace too, and bam, a look that my sleepy Norwegian home town was so not ready for. But hey, I kind of enjoy it when people look at me funny. 


This is what my brother calls my bitch-face. I've named this unintentional self-portrait "What's Wrong With That Damn Camera NOW". I look so evil, I'm only including it because it shows the double collars and necklace better than the other pictures do. And, you know, to show people that messing with me is a rather bad idea. (Joking... mostly!)

4 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I love the little pops of color and plaid at the neck and wrists. I'm seeing a lot of wearing a statement necklace with a sweater layered over a collared shirt, and I'm liking the look more and more.

    I own two collared shirts, one periwinkle and one salmon. I bought them before I became a teacher because I thought they looked professional. I haven't worn either in 2 years. But now...you has given me an idear. I have a b&w damask print cardigan. Layered over the periwinkle collared shirt with a black and gray statement necklace looks pretty cute...in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a cute combo in my mind too! You should go for it, black and blue always look nice together. Anyways, thanks a bunch! :) I'm definitely going to try out other shirts and necklaces with this sweater in the future. :)

      Delete
  2. So...remember when I said I'd totally email you that eggnog recipe? Well, I'm finally doing it! But I can't find your email on here. Can you send it to me through a post on my blog? I won't publish the post, so your email won't be public, but I'll be able to get the recipe to you that way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I just did exactly that! Thanks so much for thinking of me, I look forward to trying it out... even though eggnog in January sounds slightly wrong, haha!:)

      Delete