Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Weston Wear - Winterized!

Dress: Weston Wear, Sweater + scarf: from Norway, Hat: Camden, Boots: Jasper & Jeera





This dress came home with me from the Weston Wear shop in San Francisco. I'd been stalking it and its wrap-dress cousin on their website for months because I just loved that pattern, and while the wrap-dress was completely gone, this dress was on super sale. Lucky! 

Main dilemma? It's a flimsy summer maxi dress and I wanted to wear it NOW! Which is why I'm wearing it with two sweaters, fleece-lined tights, a scarf and a hat. I decided to us a black sweater to downplay the loud pattern. And I thought, "Nothing says Weston Wear like a swooping swallow" - it's their logo - so I added this necklace and called it a day. 

This post features WAY more pictures of myself than I am normally comfortable with posting. I worry about people thinking I'm all in love with myself or something, haha! But I loved this flowy outfit so much that I wanted to share all of these. (Yeah, I use a sneaky word like "sharing" to make it seem all generous and not self-centered at all. Clever, eh?)

4 comments:

  1. I love how you winterized a summery maxi dress! I packed most of my summery dresses away for the winter, but there are a couple that can be easily winterized with tights, boots, and a sweater. Because, ya know, that's pretty much all I wear. Ever. I need to branch out.

    I've seen a lot of ladies layering tops of dresses to make the dress work as a skirt. It's something I'm definitely going to have to try.

    Your look is so cozy. Very boho, hippie-chic. I also like how you mixed-and-matched different beige-tone prints with the dress and scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, lady! It's like you completely get everything I was trying to do with this outfit - the colour choices and everything. And yeah, my usual style has always been sort of boho-ish I think (probably why I like Anthro!) and usually I try to fight the boho and dress a bit more "proper", haha.

    Anyway, you need to try this winterizing thing too! It's always good to try styling your clothes in weird ways, you know? Will be cool to see what you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I'm so happy you made it to Weston Wear in SF!!! The maxi is gorgeous and love how you winterized it. I couldn't even tell that it was a summer maxi. I can't wait to see how you style it in the summer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sayaka!I have so many plans for this dress come summertime, I especially want to wear it with my green J.Crew Cardigan from SF!

      Delete