Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Catalogical

Scarf: Zine Bosnia, Sweater: Thrifted, Belt: Anthro, Skirt: Meadow Rue, Boots: old. 



I like the term "catalogical", which I just invented as a matter of fact. It reminds me of the word "pathological", which could certainly describe my relationship with the items in the catalogue shoot for this skirt. And the single-mindedness with which I sale-stalked them - well except for the skirt, which was purchased with a gift card from Anthro and a massive promotional discount after that whole shelf thing. 

Anyway, I love this version of the skirt + sweater outfit and will no doubt repeat it many, many times. It makes me feel kind of feisty, like Maid Marian or something! And this sweater was thrifted, you guys! Thrifted in Norway, where I scored so many good things in the one trip to the thrift store that it just blew. My. Mind. Remarkably, although it is a mighty beast of a sweater, the tag informs me it's a size small. Like, seriously? Well, they do say Norway is the land of giants... I tried it without the belt, but I definitely like this look better belted. 


Oh, and how fabulous are the laces in my ancient-but- as-yet-unblogged boots, eh? They are super sparkly, and I picked them up for something like 200 yen in Harajuku, on our honeymoon in Tokyo five years ago. Now that's a good investment! 

8 comments:

  1. I agree - I think the belt pulls the outfit together nicely. I never did end up getting this skirt, which I kind of regret now. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! You do know the skirt is still available online, right? For about fifty bucks? It's never too late to blow money on lace! ;)

      Delete
  2. I like it with the belt too. But I do kine of like how it looks loose with out a belt too!! The skirt is gorgeous by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sayaka! I guess that means I can vary how I wear it, with or without... which is cool! :)

      Delete
  3. those boots are definitely rad, what a steal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hon! It was the laces that were cheap though, and not the boots. Just saying! ;)

      Delete
  4. I love your scarf - the colors and stripes are fantastic - I think it is the perfect finishing point to your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I did feel really happy with how this outfit ended up! :)

      Delete