Saturday, 9 February 2013

Feels Like Menswear.

Jacket: Cartonnier, Sweater: Zara, Shirt: Gap, Jeans: AG's, Shoes: Pilcro.




These shoes! My reward for completing a particularly odious and life-consuming piece of work - aren't they fabulous? Aren't they kind of manly, but in a super cute way? Especially when paired with these socks I got at the Sock Exchange on Pier 39 in San Francisco. Now I realise that you're supposed to wear them with no socks whatsoever, but it's winter over here and that's not going to happen. My Starbucks drink went cold the minute I stepped out of Starbucks, even though I'd had it made into my special thermal Starbucks mug! Now that's what I call cold. So the socks stay on. 

This outfit feels a lot like menswear because I'm also wearing Victor's sweater that I shrank in the wash. First, he bought the sweater and washed it on 60 degrees, shrinking it to child size. Then he re-bought it, and I washed it on 40 degrees, shrinking it to my size. (Did I feel guilty? You bet I did. Doesn't change the fact that it's mine now.) It's like there's a curse or something on that sweater. He's chosen not to buy a third one...


8 comments:

  1. There they are!!! What a great reward. I've been thinking about pairing my pair with tights/socks until it warms up a bit, so thanks for the inspiration. The socks work great as does the shrunken sweater:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! You should totally try them with socks - I have so many novelty ones, can't wait to try out other pairs.

      Delete
  2. Love your fun socks peeking out from your cut-out oxfords - great way to add interest to an outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! When someone as stylish as you likes the little ferret heads on my socks, I know I'm doing something right! :)

      Delete
  3. Absolutely loving this layered look! And your shoes are fabulous, girl!!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lady! :) Layering makes winter interesting, eh?

      Delete
  4. I love your shoes!! Especially with the little appliqué on your socks :) How cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sayaka! You can expect to see a lot more of those shoes in the future! ;)

      Delete