Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Haircut Outfit

Cardigan: J.Crew Jackie, Shirt: White Stuff, Jeans: AG Stevies,
Boots: Anthro, Necklace + bag: Vero Moda
So this is what I wore to a) get my fringe cut and b) buy my new bag. My outfit was basically a walking proof that I could come up with outfits that would match said bag. Trust me, this makes sense in my head. 


I'm currently really getting into that "wear your cardigans as sweaters" thing that people were doing last year. Took me a while to suss on to it, but suddenly I was like, "Whoa, free instant sweater!" and then I was sold. And this lady tie necklace is the ideal length to disguise any labels, and too-high necklines. (Too high because they are the back of the cardigan. You know.)


 Victor keeps looking at me and saying things like, "You know, I can see your buttons", "That looks so daggy!" and "I can just buy you a sweater!" Since it seems to truly get his goat, that's given me another reason I have to keep doing this! 


Finally, inspired by this nail d.i.y. Sayaka did ages ago, I tried my hand at polkadot nails! Ahem, to match my new bag, of course. I only did one nail on each hand, next time I'll be more adventurous. Sorry about the bad quality of this photo, by the way, it's from my phone!

8 comments:

  1. Yup, dressing for a new bag... been there. Glad to hear I'm not alone on this!! And your fringe looks fantastic. I've been so tempted to cut mine again. We'll see... yours is adorable!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, and here I thought it was just me being crazy! Thanks a lot, I was really unsure about getting this fringe, so I'm really happy when people say it suits me! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely outfit! I'm obsessed with polka dots!

    It would mean a lot if you'd swing by my blog :)

    Hope you have an awesome day!

    www.sparksandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie! Of course, I'll stop by and say hi! :)

      Delete
  3. The bold yellow is so bright - I love that exact shade! What a great spring outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I swear wearing this colour gives me extra energy, you know? :)

      Delete
  4. aww Gwen, I'm so happy you tried the polka dot nails!! They look SO cute!! I'll have to try yellow myself :) And love your outfit. Your the pro when it comes to wearing cardigans backwards!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks Sayaka! And you should definitely try yellow for Easter!
      You know what was strange? I was better at doing this manicure with my left hand than with my right!

      Delete