Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Red, White and Blue

Hat: Anthro, Cardigan: H&M, old, Top: Holly & Whyte, Trousers: Anthro, old.


So these bright blue trousers have been in storage since forever, and now it's finally warm enough to wear them! With tights, mind, it's not that warm. I knew I wanted to pair them with this top I got in Norway - on this last picture, you can see the pretty lace panel at the top - this is one cute shirt, isn't it? The hat and cardigan followed sort of at random, and I really surprised myself by adding the belt - I was like, "Man, I totally feel like a style blogger now, wearing a belt around my waist for no apparent reason!"  I'm not sure if it looks good or silly, but I kind of liked it at the time! 

Looking at these pictures, it strikes me that I'm wearing the colours of the Norwegian flag - and the American flag for that matter, but then I'm not American. And Norway Day - May 17th - is fast approaching, so maybe this would be an acceptable outfit for the big day if it rains? Which it might, since I think my home town actually holds some kind of rain-related Guinness Record. I might just start playing around with red, white and blue outfits on the blog, just to see what my options are...

And on a totally serious note, Boston. Holy crap. Words can not express the sympathy I feel. I get what native Bostonians and New Englanders are going through - it was the same for us when that creep Breivik committed the massacre in Norway two years ago. Horrible events made even more horrible because they strike so close to home. Damn... 

6 comments:

  1. One cute shirt, indeed! Stripes + lace, what a great combo:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! It's cotton too, I mean, what's not to love?

      Delete
  2. Such fun bright colors on you! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cute girl! I'm obsessed with this outfit! I would totally wear it every day ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Well,I'm bound to repeat this, or a variation of it anyway, hehe.

      Delete