Sunday, 28 April 2013

This is not a fashion statement


Sweater: Thrifted, Shirt: White Stuff, Trousers + shoes: Anthro, Glasses: American Apparel
Okay, so let me just say one thing right off the bat - it's not like I secretly wear glasses and just take them off for outfit photos; these glasses are fake. And these glasses are not a fashion statement, okay? The reason I have them is... actually kind of gross. I tend to keep things cheery here, which is why I haven't written anything about being plagued by eye infections since late October. I didn't think anybody would want to read descriptions of how I've been peeling thick yellow pus off my own eyeballs, you know? 


The infections sort of come and go, and though they seem to be caused by stress, I realised the cold made them worse. So I started wearing sunglasses when I went outside. Of course, after dark they had to come off, or I would wander into anything from lamp posts to oncoming traffic.Which is why I found myself at American Apparel buying these hipster glasses, selected mainly because 1) They're big enough to cover my eyes properly and 2) They were the only pair that didn't make me look like a douchebag. Also, I think they kind of make me look like Mayama from Honey and Clover - especially with this sweater on. If you don't read girly manga or watch any J-drama, here's a picture to prove it:


 See? Aside from the main differences like hair length, race and gender, I totally look like him!

6 comments:

  1. Gwen, thanks so much for the Bounce protein ball suggestion. I haven't heard of them but checked them out and they're awesome. Such a good dose of protein!! :) And oh no, sorry to hear about the infections, sounds really awful. Hope you're on the mend, and you still manage to look adorable!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, hon! I hope they will be helpful for you! There's a walnut fudge one that's just to die for! And you know, here I thought my eye infection was gone, only to wake up this morning with my eyes glued shut again! :(

      Delete
  2. You look cute in glasses Gwen!! And I love how your outfit is matching your oxfords!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sayaka! And um, I probably thought about the matchiness at the time but by now I'd totally forgotten about it, haha!

      Delete
  3. I like the glasses on you - though I'm sorry to hear about your eye infections. What a bummer and weird that the infection keeps coming back. Hope it's gone for good soon. Of course I love the shoes and the color coordination here:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wasn't that sure about posting this outfit, something about it felt off to me, but now I'm glad I did! And the infection is getting a bit better, fingers crossed it will not come back after this round! :)

      Delete