Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Birthday Suit

Dress: Wallis, Cardigan: J.Crew factory, Boots: Clark's.



This is what I wore for my birthday - which was what, two weeks ago now? Time sure flies, and nothing puts that into perspective more than birthdays! I got to go to the Roy Lichtenstein exhibition with my mother (that was my present), have dinner and chocolate cake with Victor and a small horde of girlfriends, and I got to wear this dress. If you have any idea of how many years I've been searching for the perfect polkadot dress, only to stumble into Wallis (a shop I never go to) and spot one in my size on the sale rack... I feel all 1940's in this getup!

Oh, and have a picture of the cake. It was glorious. We still have a big hunk of it in the freezer, too!





2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry I missed your birthday!! Happy happy be-lated birthday!! I adore this dress on you Gwen!! Polka dots and pink what could be more perfect on a birthday!! You look absolutely feminine and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it, Sayaka! It was so long ago now. Thank you, by the way! I adooore this dress, and I'm glad you think it suits me! :)

      Delete