Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Half-and-Half

Jacket & T-shirt: UniQlo, Skirt: Anthro, Sandals: Timberland, Necklace: F21. 
I've been living in a version of this outfit for the past couple of days, and I love it. For some reason, I feel like this get-up hits exactly the right mix of preppy and boho, fifty-fifty. I mean, you have the white tee and denim jacket, but then you also have the flowy lace skirt and the dreamcatcher necklace. It's like two harmonious halves of a schizophrenic personality. Wait, what? 


Also, check me out! I appear to be having the mother of all good hair days! It's all soft and fluffy, and look how long it is! I mean, after my recent trip to the hairdresser, I kind of felt like I barely had any hair left, but this isn't too bad!  


My lovely friend A. who will sometimes laugh out loud for minutes at a time at my outfits, she happens to really like this necklace. So much that I offered to give it to her, but I'm glad she said she couldn't possibly, because I do like it. When I bought it, there were actual real feathers attached to it and it looked kind of mad, but I ended up taking those off and replacing them with little metal feathers. I mean,who puts actual feathers on a necklace anyway?

4 comments:

  1. I regret not purchasing this skirt every time I see you wear it. It is so pretty! Hope you are having a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you hon! We went to Austria, how's that for a great weekend? ;) Maybe the skirt is still floating around on ebay?

      Delete
  2. Love this! I've really gotten into the t-shirt tucked into a skirt look. Glad to see you're still getting wear out of your "oxblood" skirt!

    So, we moved. I stopped blogging for a few months. I've started up a new one with a focus more on writing and reading and experiencing our new city. And I went to check up on Sunless Rose and nearly had a panic attack when it said you'd closed the blog. Then I saw your post on Reader Outfits on EA and was psyched to see you're still out there as London-Preppy!

    - Liz (formerly of deliberatewhimsy) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG LIZ! You're alive! XD Awesomesauce, I will go look at your new blog and ya know, make more of an effort to keep in touch! ;) Yeah I was sick of the old name, you know? And that oxblood skirt is finally being put away for the summer because it's just too warm, but since it was a rare full-price purchase (minus the gift card they gave me for braining me with a shelf), I am working this skirt hard! ;)

      Delete