Wednesday, 12 June 2013

New look, new name!

Dress: Anthro, old, Cardigan: Old Navy, Necklace: J.Crew, Boots: from Norway. 

Nope, I didn't go to the deed-poll office and take my husband's surname... and I didn't get a drastic haircut either. (Though I did go for a trim, since I was viewing the world through a curtain that turned out to be my own fringe.) I am referring, of course, to the fact that my blog is now pretty and green and has a new name. 


What, you're wondering why? Or even how? Well see, I have this friend called Marianne, who also has a blog, only she's way better at this stuff than me. This girl is so nice, she just knitted me a custom designed sweater, in less than a month. In addition to being a knitting cyborg, she's also an amazingly talented designer. So we had a chat about how we could make my blog look better, then she worked her designer magic, and yeah - it looks loads better now, doesn't it? 

These are my new ankle boots by the way! Shiny, eh?
Since we were making changes anywyay, I mentioned  how I'd picked the blog name at random and secretly thought it was kinda lame. I mean, it was the name of an Anthro shirt I really like, can you tell I was really scraping the bottom of the barrel when I picked that name? So we brainstormed over skype, and Marianne declared that my style was more preppy and vintage inspired than boho (go figure).
She also thought the name should  reference London, since I live there and some people might think that's kind of cool. I personally think it's a bit of a cess-pit, but you know, it's my cess-pit and I'm used to it now. 

And it's finally warm enough to wear this jacket! But still cold enough to need a jacket.
So if the handful of you who stop by and leave me comments - which makes me so, so happy every time it happens, by the way! - would like to keep doing that, I'd be one very blissed-out rabbit. Just, uh, note that the domain name londonpreppy was already taken, so you'll have to insert a hyphen and type london-preppy instead, or you'll get the blog of a frequently shirtless man instead. Wait, maybe you'd prefer that...?



11 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha :) Glad you like it pusekatt! *big squish*
    Oooh, btw, I did a little post on my blog about the new design and stuff today as well. Hope you don't mind!
    http://the-fuzzy-corner.blogspot.no/2013/06/london-preppy.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I don't mind, sweetie - I thought it was a really lovely thing to do. Thanks again! :)

      Delete
    2. I live to serve thee, my lady *bow* :)
      Any time sweetie pie! *kisses*

      Delete
  2. Great new blog design!

    And I love the bold blue tights - I tried red ones ONCE but I am not brave enough to rock a bright hue like you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the new look, Lisa!
      Heh, it's not a matter of bravery so much as hiding my thighs, hah! I'm sure you'd look great in bright tights though! Did you ever post the red ones...?

      Delete
  3. LOVE the new look of your blog Gwen!! Your friend did an amazing job!! And I'll make sure I put a hyphen between London and Preppy...although you have intrigued most of us readers to go over and check out this shirtless man!! hahaha.
    And you are rocking the blue tights!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you like the new look too, Sayaka! My friend is super talented isn't she?
      Enjoy the shirtless man then, but I thought he was kind of... strange? And hehe, I looove coloured tights, I have so many pairs now...!

      Delete
  4. Hi Gwen! Your blog looks GREAT!!! I love all of the updates and the new name. Love this outfit too. Are the tights from Antrho? If so, I just picked up a pair of them myself. Isn't the color fabulous? I have yet to wear them, but I have lots of outfit ideas swirling around in my head:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! So glad you like it all! :) The tights are actually from this Norwegian store called Lindex, where I worked for a little while earlier this summer. Anthro does have the prettiest tights though! I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

      Delete
  5. Wish I could go and hit a "like" button on all the wonderful comments about the new blog design.
    I'm so happy you all like it, blushing here by such wonderful feedback :)
    *me happy*

    *kisses*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the queen of blog design, hon! And don't you forget it! xoxo

      Delete