Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Smoulder Look!


So last Friday was our wedding anniversary! Six years I've been married to this boy, and we've been a couple for eight. Obviously, we had to do something to mark the occasion, so we ended up going to Salzburg in Austria for a long weekend. And it was so, so awesome!
  

Hilariously, my mother bought plane tickets to come stay with us for her birthday, and she was due to arrive in London on Sunday. We were only due back on Monday. But she had my house-keys and a travel card, and she kept herself busy. We got back, and she was all, "Let me show you the two pairs of shoes I bought!" Yeah, that's my mother for you. We went to UniQlo together - they don't have that store in Norway and she loves it. She found a small pile of stuff for herself, and insisted on buying me something too. And well, I had been eyeing this cardigan for a while... It goes with my shoes, eh?


Aren't I kind of on-trend, even though I didn't bother to wear any makeup? I mean, tribal pattern T-shirt (three years old, I think? Does that make it one of those classics that never age?) and oxblood cardigan and Oxfords, come on. The skirt I'm wearing is a souvenir from Salzburg and cost the princely sum of ten Euros, which was definitely something I could live with. I love practical souvenirs that I can use or wear, and that will always remind me of a particular trip or place. Oh, and have an out-take:


Because I mean, hello. Check out my smoulder! To quote my favourite gangster cat comic, "Dark smoulder look, like Valentino!" 

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! Sounds like a great weekend. Perfect cardigan for those fabulous shoes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! We had an awesome time, and yeah, that's a winning combination, isn't it? ;)

      Delete
  2. Happy belated anniversary! I am loving those oxfords on you, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, and thanks again! ;) They're fun shoes to wear, even if they're not fun shoes to walk in! ;)

      Delete
  3. Looking good sweetie;)
    Ooooooh, the oxfords *droolidge* And that top with that skirt - smashing!

    And just in case I haven't said already - happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you - but you know, I can't even remember yours! August sometime? So that makes us even, eh? ;)

    It's a shame that we have such different shoe sizes, or I'd totally lend you these oxfords for a while. I had a look on ebay for you, but couldn't find any pairs - bummer! and they were only from last fall, too!

    ReplyDelete