Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Cabin Fever


Dress: Cath Kidston, Belt: Anthro, Sandals: Timberland
 Please excuse the mess on our balcony! It's the wind that knocks everything around out there, I swear! Also, sorry that I look a bit weird (read: stoned) in these pictures. It was really hot when I took them, and that kind of intense heat just conks me out! When it's too warm to even wear my beloved bangs as bangs, like, when my forehead needs air, that's when you know it's hot!


So anyway, this dress! I've had it for months (it was my birthday present to myself, in fact) and never blogged it before, so it was high time! When I saw the cute print on this dress, it just had to be mine, because the little red cabins look exactly like my family's cabin back in Norway. That cabin is the best place on earth to just get away from it all and charge your batteries. 


Nothing helps you put your frustrations to the back of your mind like sawing down a tree or scrubbing the terrace. Or sitting by the fjord and looking at the mountains while seagulls circle and caw over your head.  Can you tell I miss the place? So this dress is sort of my little way of reminding myself that even though I live in a big smelly city, there is this little oasis of calm waiting for me back home.  


This dress is pale blue, but looking at these photos it could kind of pass for mint, couldn't it? Have I been wearing a colour I claim to hate because it washes me out for months on end and not realising?! On the bright side, that means this dress might transfer nicely into fall, which I can sense is just around the corner now, with my mustard cardigan and sparkly ankle boots. Because mustard and mint makes me kind of like mint after all...  

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a pretty dress! I think the print is so whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! You know, it's just gone on sale and Cath does petite sizes now, if you actually want it! ;) And yeah, quirkiest print ever, I just couldn't leave it behind! :)

      Delete
  2. I am so excited for fall! I love fall colors and layers and tights and ..... I could go on and on! I think this dress will transition perfectly. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I love fall colours too, but I hope summer lasts a little longer! This dress has got an under-layer, so I'm sure that will help me stay warm in the fall months, too!

      Delete
  3. THAT dress!! It's just gorgeous on you Gwen so perfectly lady like and I love the whimsical cabin pattern. And thank you, I'll definitley let my dad know you love his t-shirt, he's really into collecting them and will be happy to hear it! :)

    xo
    By The Shore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, hon! I'm wearing it again tomorrow for a 3-year-old's birthday party actually - mainly because it's machine washable! ;)

      Oh, and your dad is not alone in loving his T-shirts, I've got so many myself and I'd banned myself from buying any more - but then they started selling the Out of Print shirts here, and all my resolutions went out the window!

      Delete