Sunday, 21 July 2013

Flerpty Floopin

Dress: Fetch and Frolic Dress, Anthro, Belt: UniQlo, Sandals: Timberland



After seeing a certain image on the internets, Victor and I have become moderately obsessed with the Sweedish Chef from the Muppet Show. Remember him? I was terrified of him as a child - and so was Victor's little sister, apparently. It was something to do with the fact that his hands are real, and not puppet hands. Victor, of course, wasn't afraid of anything as a child. I mean, perish the thought!


So anyway, we started watching some Sweedish Chef on the old youtube. We entered a world where food is a sinister force to be reckoned with, one that might as soon attack you as simply sit there and allow itself to be cooked. This is a world where your standard kitchen utensils include guns and baseball bats.


Of course, weapons also make the whole cooking process so much more efficient. For example, there is an episode where the Chef throws small pancakes into the air one at a time, before pulling out an antique musket and firing ballbearings at them. As the pancakes fall, he calmly puts them on a plate; this is all par for the course in the Swedish kitchen. Finally, he turns towards the camera, holding up one pancake with a hole straight through the middle as he gravely explains, "Dough-nutt!"


And what of the image that led to our newfound obsession? Okay, here you go:  


Is it weird that I want this as a full-sized poster for our bedroom? Or that I think he reminds me just a little bit of Jamie Hyneman from Mythbusters?

6 comments:

  1. Whoa, LOVE this dress on you. It looks fabulous! Great nail polish too. I used to love the Muppet show. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) and you've got that nail polish already, it was one of your posts that convinced me to buy it - mint candy apple! :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Kiristin!! This dress looks so cute on you!! I'm so happy you got it :) The belt and shoes go perfectly together too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hon! I'm really happy I got this dress too, I've already worn it many times - even Victor likes it! And I am so pleased you noticed the belt and sandals matching! :) I've been living in those sandals and that was one way of making it all look more put together, eh? ;)

      Delete
  3. I was never afraid of any Muppets, but ET - my dad bought an ET light-up alarm clock when I was teeny tiny. When the alarm went off, ET's belly glowed, his neck got real long and his arm went up with his lit up finger. Holy bejeezus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy crap, I'm terrified of that lamp just reading about it!! I'm sure that traumatising you for life wasn't the effect your dad was aiming for, yikes!

      Delete