Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Infantry Meets Air-Force.

Blouse: Holly & Whyte, Skirt: Cath Kidston, Belt: Vero Moda, Sandals: Timberland
 My tin soldier skirt has come out of hibernation, and boy, did I miss this little guy more than I realised! I was all eager to spruce up this skirt in some new and exciting way, and then I thought, "Polkadots?" For some reason, this combination feels very English and vintage-y to me, even though none of the items in it are more than two years old! I'm also wearing the cutest little golden anchor necklace from etsy, which sadly didn't show up in the photos. That adds to the vintage feel for sure!


 Wahey, what do you know, it's my one hundredth post! But then again, that counts for nothing, because the only reason I didn't reach one hundred ages ago is that I'm the sort of blogger who will go back and delete outfit posts they have second thoughts about. It feels a little bit like cheating, but I guess I'm okay with that.

And last but not least, it's time for some Truth or Dare. As in, I dare to risk looking like a douchebag, and you promise to tell me, truthfully, whether I do or not.

The aviators were from H&M, and they were cheap - for a good reason, maybe?
  The question is, can I wear aviators? Or do they do unspeakable things to my already chipmunkey face? The terrible thing is that I honestly can't tell if these look a) dreadful or b) awesome. Tin soldiers and aviators, it's like infantry meets air-force in the same outfit!

6 comments:

  1. I love the outfit! You always have me cracking up. You are so witty. I love your combination of patterns. Great outfit post! Don't delete it!

    And, girl, you are wearing the heck out of those aviators! I think they look great on you. Really.

    Have a great Friday!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you hon! I was more thinking of deleting some more of my really old posts, but okay, I'll be good and leave everything for now! XD

      You know, I'm happy and relieved *you* like the aviators on me, but you're the only one who's said anything, so that makes me wonder if other people are refraining from commenting because they're all, "Oh poor Gwen... I don't know how to break it to her..." Haha! Well I still like them! ;)

      Delete
  2. The polka dot top was a good choice. Love the outfit! Also, I agree with Gnomelover - you are rocking the aviators! Awesome for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristin! Glad you liked the pattern mixing! And I will definitely hang on to those shades, now that two people have assured me I look okay in them! :)

      Delete
  3. Me three! The aviators looks awesome on you Gwen!! I could never wear aviators, they are not made for asian faces. lol. And love the pattern mixing you did here!!So summery and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! :) So glad you like my pattern mixing and not in the least, the aviators! I feel so butch when I wear them, haha!

      Delete