Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Weston Wear, Westeros style!

Dress: Weston Wear, Sandals: Timberland
If you've been watching Game of Thrones (my current favourite show ever), wouldn't you agree that this is the sort of dress Danerys would wear? I do, to the point where I just call this my "Khaleesi dress" now!
Months and months ago, in this post, I wrapped up in a million layers so I could wear my (then) shiny new dress even though it was freezing. And now, when summer is finally here, I can wear the dress the way it was meant to be worn! I even went and took the photos in the exact same spot, too!

 

You may notice that I took a huge chunk of the polkadotted fabric off the hem. Well, it was kind of pissing me off! I'm sure this dress was intended to be worn with wedges, but I just can't walk in wedges (my beloved flatforms don't count). I just kept stepping on the hem everywhere I went. And I figured, it's my dress, I can do what I want with it to make it more wearable for me - so snip, snip! I like it better this way, I think it lets the "main" pattern really shine!

6 comments:

  1. This dress is fantastic. I'm such a maxi lover and have been adding several to my closet this season - the print + fit on yours is so, so pretty! And... thank you for your last email + for sharing your story. It really meant a lot, and you're an absolute sweetheart, Gwen! Thank you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome, hon! Helps to know you're not alone, right? :) I am so happy your story seems to be having a much happier outcome! :)
      And how nice that you like my dress! :) I was so lucky to score this designer gem for something like $35 - buying summer clothes in winter has its perks! And I do love how I can match just about any colour to that print!

      Delete
  2. Love it! It really suits you, very pretty. :) ♥

    And yeah, it's totally in the "Khaleesi" wardrobe somewhere, for sure. ;)

    Danerys is btw my all time hero - beauty, brains, and DRAGONS - you know me and dragons... how can anyone go wrong with that combo?? *worship*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you sweetie! It's so "out there", I'm glad you think it works on me and my curves. :)
      And Dany is just plain awesome. But you know, my favourite will always be John Snow. *swoon* There's something for you to listen to as audio books - A Song of Ice and Fire!

      Delete
  3. This is totally a Khaleesi dress - I think you look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! :) So glad you think it suits me! I've literally named it my Khaleesi dress now! ;)

      Delete