Sunday, 18 August 2013

Birdies Forever!

Top and skirt: Anthropologie, Shoes: From Norway.

This is possibly my favourite outfit in the world. Well okay, this and the bear dress. It may seem weird that I fell in love with this outfit in the May Anthro catalogue last year and sale-stalked the skirt and the bag (not pictured, I forgot to bring it for my photoshoot, oh shoot!), but there you have it. I’m weird, but then that’s hardly news.


The only item I couldn’t get over here was the Take Flight Tank; it sold out from the website at full price and never even hit the stores. I figured I could Frankenstein me a similar top from an H&M bird shirt I found, but never got round to it. And then, like a dream come true, the lovely Christina decided to sell hers on the trade market, and we’re the same size and everything! Plus she sold it to me for what I would have paid for the shirt on sale over here.  Thank you Christina, you made me a very happy bunny!


I wore this getup on a date night with Victor, to have Chicken Katsudon at our favourite diner and watch The Conjuring. It’s the first time in my life that I’ve been more excited about the outfits than about the plot of something I was watching, but there was just so much 70’s gloriousness in that film that it was just to die for. I want everything Vera Farminga wore, with the exception of that weird pants suit with the matching vest.
 And I want Victor to wear a rad-tastic Fairisle man-cardigan with a zipper like the one whatshisname who played her husband wore, but some dreams will never come true...

8 comments:

  1. i would SO sale stalk that skirt too- i love that color! and it adds such an amazing texture to your bright, happy outfit. i'm totally drooling over your styling.

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thank you! But I can't take credit for the styling, but I can't take credit for the outfit idea, it's literally lifted from an Anthro catalogue! ;) I love wearing this combo though! :)

      Delete
  2. Aw, I love that top - I still kick myself for missing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trade market! Try it, that's where I got mine after all! :)

      Delete
  3. I know I said it on EA but this color combination is so beautiful!! I need to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sayaka! You totally should, maybe blue tights with your red eyelet dress would give a similar effect...? :)

      Delete
  4. Love this outfit! The colors/textures/prints all go so well together. Glad you found the top. Isn't the trade market great?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin! Those Anthro stylists sure know what they're doing - sometimes! ;) And yeah, the trade market is made of awesome! :)

      Delete