Thursday, 8 August 2013

Corpse Bride

Top: Anthro, old. Skirt: Vero Moda, old. Shoes: Benetton, on sale.

I was trying to do a number of things with this outfit; chief among them was keeping cool. I wore this on a real scorcher of a day after all. I also tried to match my lipstick to my shoes, and I must've worn that top in every conceivable way except possibly on my head. It started off in that knot, then it came undone, and I wound up tucking it into my waistband. While I was walking down the road, no less. I am nothing if not classy. 

 
Wearing this much white wouldn't normally be my thing, since I'm so pale that I might end up looking like the Corpse Bride. But I ended up really liking this little getup - maybe it's because the top and skirt are nearly the exact same shade of white. You'll notice I'm not wearing my shiny new Bearclaw necklace, by the way. That is because these photos were taken early last week sometime. I am nothing if not tardy.


6 comments:

  1. I love this look. The white is fantastic, great for summer + the red lips give it that extra pop, ya know?! And haha, yup me too, I'm often posting looks a few weeks late. Ooops. Oh life! Wishing you the happiest of Fridays Gwen!!

    xo
    By The Shore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! Happy Friday to you too, hon! And yeah, there's something about wearing so much white that just screams "summer is still here!!", eh? :)

      Delete
  2. http://londonpreppy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! :) I hope this isn't your way of telling me you're unhappy with me having a similar blog name?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! You wouldn't happen to know what it's called, by any chance? Or own it yourself, so that you have styling ideas I might steal? ;)

      Delete