Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Kinda Tribal



And by kinda, I mean, well... my jeans are covered in polkadots, after all! So that makes this outfit no more than kinda tribal. It was literally slapped together in minutes, before we had to run out and catch the tube to a friend's house. There was just no time to think about what to wear, I wanted a T-shirt and that was the only clean one I could spot (I know!), and a pair of trousers that were thin enough not to suffocate me in the muggy night air. 


The above criteria were my only criteria. But I think this looks kind of put-together, right? The boots and the necklace kind of compliment the, uh, tribal chic that seems to be happening here, while the polkadots stop it from going too far into cowboy territory. Which means, I think, that I'm starting to get close to having the sort of well-curated closet where most of your things match each other in some way. So you can just throw stuff together and expect it to match up and work for you!


This is the last of my old leftover outfits from London, and as you can see I am "artistically" walking away from the camera... And let's just pretend that was intentional, because there probably won't be too much blogging from my end for a little while. Although I have one more outfit post up my sleeve with my favourite bear dress (the one and only!) I will be up to my ears in play stuff, both postitve (we were in the paper the other day!) and not so positive (we open on the day after tomorrow, and I have no idea if this will even hold water). Wish me luck! Cause I need it...

6 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this look! And for being the only clean top in the house (don't I know that feeling), it is perfect! I love the fringe, the pop of color in the sweater, the polka dot pants and the boots! It looks so pulled together!

    P.S. Good luck and congratulations on the play! So exciting! I will be thinking of you! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jenni! I am so nervous, it helps to know you're rooting for me! :)

      So glad you liked this look, I honestly didn't think anybody would like it, and then three of you did, yay! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the outfit too! I wish I could look that put together by tossing things together from my closet! good luck with the play!! After all the effort you have put in, I'm sure it will do really well!

    Ps. I'm going to UK from Australia and am so looking forward to going to an actual anthro store! Which store would you recommend I go to? Which store has the better sale picks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you been reading about my play dramas all along? thank you for stopping by to wish me good luck, that means a lot! :)

      Oh, and if you go to London, hit both stores - sometimes, one of them will have items that the other one doesn't, and they sort of overlap in that department. But if you have to choose just one, the Regent Street one is easier to find, but always quite busy, while the King's Road one is harder to find - walk from Sloane Square, but you have to walk kind of far, just along the straight road - but it's always quieter. I hope you have fun on your UK trip! :)

      Delete
  3. What a cute outfit and for pulling it together in a few minutes?! Awesome job Gwen! And you know I like that kind-a tribal look on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sayaka! So glad you liked it, I honestly didn't think this one was that spectacular, so it's nice to know it worked better than I thought! :) I'll be sure to try more kinda-tribal looks in the future (polkadots and tommahawk, anyone?;) )

      Delete