Thursday, 29 August 2013

Last-minute jitters

Dress: Zola Shift, Anthro, Necklace: c/o Sayaka :), Jacket: UniQlo, Boots: Anthro
Check it out, it's the Autumn Edition of the bear dress! I knew this dress would transition nicely into fall, but it's so nice to prove myself right, hehe. I wore this outfit to a voice lesson with my old teacher, now friend and mentor, the coolest little old lady in the world. She's over 70, yet she just discovered the first Matrix movie, and loved it. I wanna be like this woman when I finally grow up for reals! 


So yeah, this is what I wore to run around other peoples' living room and chant "Hiii, haaaah, hooommm!" One thing about being an actor, you learn to throw embarrassment out the window! But now my voice is all prepped for our first night, which is - ARGH! - tomorrow night. We're rehearsing all day at the performance space tomorrow, hopefully that will be enough to straighten out the last kinks in the show!


Now, according to my husband, some women have like a special way of flaunting their nice handbags? I keep trying to do this "flaunt" just for funsies, but he keeps telling me I get it wrong - probably something to do with how I don't "get" the whole "prestige bag" thing. If it's got polkadots or cute birds on it, that's all I need to like a bag, you know? But check it out, I think this photo shows me doing the flaunt kind of convincingly, for all that my bag is made of orangey plastic instead of lovely brown leather. 


So, um... I have no idea when I'll be able to post next. Maybe next week, after a weekend of three performances? But I honestly am not sure. Blogging is how I de-stress, after all. I really appreciate you girls cheering for me and wishing me good luck, it really is a huge help, because I'm so nervous, I don't know what to do with myself! Well, I do know what to do with myself, and that's go transport some of the props to the venue and hang some more posters up. But you know what I mean. So thank you!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, good luck tomorrow! I'm sure it will be fabulous:) Can't wait to hear about it.

    Love this outfit - the pink and olive go so nicely together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that! :) We did deliver a pretty good show, if I do say so myself! :)

      Delete
  2. Love how you pulled the bear dress into fall with the denim jacket, Gwen! I am so copying you! : )

    I am wishing you tremendous amount of luck from across the globe. And so by the time it gets to you (which will magically be the same moment your play starts), it will have gathered momentum. Extra magic. Not that you will need it, you are brilliant!

    So, "GOOD LUCK!" I hope your opening day is splendid!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Blue Delft!;) I am pretty sure some of that luck did arrive, because so many things that had been tricky in the actual performance suddenly went smoothly on the first night - like this sculpture that's supposed to break as part of the plot. It broke! :)

      And go on and post pictures of yourself in your bear dress! I wanna see!

      Delete
  3. You are looking all ready and cute for Fall!!
    The shift dress looks adorable with a denim jacket!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sayaka! It's already getting too cold to just wear a denim jacket, so I have to come up with even more (and warmer) ways of wearing this beauty! :)

      Delete
  4. I love that dress, it's perfectly paired with a denim jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie! Maybe I'll be adventurous and try to belt it next, hehe. ;)

      Delete