Sunday, 4 August 2013

Pink Panther

Top: Anthro, old, Jeans: AG Stevies, Anthro, Shoes: Urban Outfitters 
 Yeah, we all know who I look like here, right? I don't think I've worn this much top-to-toe pink since kindergarten, when I loved pink. I remember making the wonderfully random decision back then to invite anyone wearing pink - and no-one else! - to my birthday party. And having that turn out to be the best birthday party ever!  


I decided to wear this getup only because I saw the top and jeans hanging next to each other on the drying rack after I'd washed them, and thought "Hey! I could just add my nude heels to that and it would all match!"  Speaking of nude heels, I love how these match my skin tone exactly and make it look like a pair of kitten heels just grew out of my feet. And here I thought I got a bit of a tan this summer! 


I have to say though, this getup only works because your eye decides to trick itself into thinking the two pinks match (the jeans are actually much, much brighter than the top) so that they won't have to start bleeding. Which would be rather bothersome.

10 comments:

  1. Cute! I think it works because the stripes and lighter color at the bottom of the shirt breaks things up a bit. Love the shoes! Also, I think I will try that tactic when inviting people to our next party:) Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! It works because of the "breathing space" between the pinks! :) The shoes are great, I have them in 3 colours! And awesome, let me know if you get any men at all for that party! ;)

      Delete
  2. What a fun bright outfit on you! You def need to wear more pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Lisa! You're right, wearing all that pink made me happy - instant mood booster! There will be more pink in the future for sure! ;)

      Delete
  3. I agree with Lisa. You need to wear more pink!! I love the pink on pink combo on you Gwen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hon! Well I did bring those pants with me, I think they are officially the pinkest trousers in Norway, so more pink is definitely happening over here!:)

      Delete
  4. Love this! Pink is my favorite color, so of course I would. But I like that you took a look that is usually done in b&w or black and nude and that looks very French and mod, and you put a sweet, fun spin on it with the pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz! *glomps Liz* It never hit me this outfit was French and mod (I love mod!) so it makes me happy that it turned out to be! :) I used to worry pink was unflattering on me, so I'd always tone it down - but now that all four of you ladies approve, I will AMP UP THE PINK for sure!! I'll end up looking like a Mean Girls character on a Friday... ;)

      Delete
  5. Du var såååå søt i rosa fra topp til tå! Fine Gwen! *stor klem*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neimen! Kommentaren jeg ikke har sett! Tusen takk, pusekatt! Dette antrekket blir not resirkulert en gang, hehe. ;)

      Delete