Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Stripes, Florals and Bananas.

 
             
Top: Anthro, Skirt: Cath Kidston, Sandals: Timberland.
 Things have been kind of bananas lately. And by kind of, I mean very. Very very. For instance, you may think from looking at these photos that I am still in England, basking in the sunshine, but you would be mistaken. Because I'm in Norway, working on a play that I am arranging, producing and acting in, which goes live in just a few weeks.
  
 
Am I nervous? Um, well, yes. But I have so many other things that demand my immediate attention that fretting over my own performance becomes kind of a luxury. My list of tasks includes sourcing a printer for our programme, making a sculpture mold out of liquid silicone and repainting He-Man figures to look like Major Matt Mason figures.
  
 
In other news, for all those bloggers pining for Fall? It's going down, right here in Norway, and I officially miss Summer so much I just want to cry. "Mom, I don't wanna wear tights!" On the other hand, that might be a good excuse to make Victor bring me that J.Crew sweater I've been dying to wear, but couldn't, because it was too hot. There is always a bright side, I suppose...
 


8 comments:

  1. Busy lady! I'm sure everything will go great:) I'm loving the stripes/floral combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! I hope you're right! I finished the silicone cast and the programmes have been sent to the printers, but there's 1001 and one things left to do, haha!

      Delete
  2. I love this look Gwen. Stripes and Floral are my favorite :)
    And oh my goodness you sound so busy!!
    Good luck with the play. I wish I could see it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, it's my favourite combo too, that and stripes + leopard print! Thanks! :)
      My art teacher friend and I just had a five-day prop-making marathon! I'm kind of exhausted, but I'm gradually getting on top of things. :) Thanks for your good wishes - maybe I could post some rehearsal photos here, hmm...

      Delete
  3. Wow, I didn't know you were a playwright - stylish and talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlfriend, you're making me blush! I didn't write the play, I translated this play to Norwegian:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_is_Our_Youth
      But thank you anyway! (It's all licensed with the author's agent, btw, so all nice and legal! ;))

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the play! How very exciting and nerve-racking! I love your stylish outfit. Is it all kinds of wrong that I am jealous of your cold weather?

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenni! We just finished a weekend rehearsal, and I am just beat, haha! You're welcome to be jealous of my cold rainy wet version of hell, if I can be jealous of your hot roasting version of hell... ;)

      Delete