Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Balcony or Nothing.

Shirt & belt: UniQlo, Dress & boots: Anthro, Tights: American Apparel. 

I'm sorry about how I look half dead in these pictures. I feel half dead! Now that I can have a few days back in London to recover from a month of almost no rest whatsoever, the air's gone out of the balloon a bit! And I suddenly find myself agreeing with those bloggers who want to wear clothes that look cute but are as comfy as pyjamas. I mean, I ended up digging this sweaterdress out of storage and changing out of my jeans because they were just too much work to walk around in. I was also too tired to go out into the concrete jungle to snap photos. It was the balcony, or nothing. 


A total stranger stopped me on the street to compliment me on the dress, so I must be doing something right, eh? The shirt is new, by the way - it's one of my little rewards for surviving the past month. I'd been wanting that shirt forever, and I'm really happy with it, and how it goes with this dress. I can't really spend that much on clothes right now, but that only makes it extra special. My other reward is a pair of bunny salt and pepper shakers. I was all, "Honey, we have more rabbits in the family," and Victor just looked at them and went, "Huh." Then he declared he was naming them Salt and Pepper, after the 90's rap group. Which is surprisingly original, no?

Also, I have a public service announcement for you:


Don't buy Pilcro cords. Because they will not even last six months until they start to pill and loose all their soft cordiness, and turn into horrible balding nastypants. At least these were from the sale rack, I would have been furious if I'd paid full price! I found a cheap but sturdy replacement pair in Norway, so these are going on their merry way. It's a shame, because Pilcro makes great shoes and nice tops, but this is my first and last time buying any trousers from them. 

10 comments:

  1. This is why I love knit or jersey dresses. I'm still considered as dressed acceptably to go outside, but I've got a stretch waist and am comfy as heck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! It's all about the stretch waist! :)

      Delete
  2. I had a "balcony or nothing" moment for my next two outfit posts. Except mine was a "corner or nothing" because my husband wouldn't go outside to help me take pictures. Boooo!

    Anyways, I love this outfit. I will not buy sleeveless dresses, but maybe I'll consider it now because I like how it looks with the button down underneath it. It has a vintage, lady-like appeal, but I like how you gave it some rawr with the bright tights and boots.

    Ah, I so envy you. You with your tights and boots. And boots and tights. Soon, though. The temperatures here are dropping, and I'm ready. Plus, I've had my fall clothes in storage for 6 months, and I'm ready for a new closet of wares! I'm sick of the same-old, same-old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Say Liz, you thought of getting a camera remote? They're not that expensive, and then you could take pictures outside without having to drag your hubby along!

      You should totally buy sleeveless dresses and play around with shirts inside them! I'm slightly weirded out by how much I love trying new shirts under a dress and seeing if they "work". And I love that you noticed the tights - I could've gone all sepia from head to toe, but the blue felt more "me", you know? ;)

      I envy YOU with your heat! It's nice to shop your own closet after summer though, isn't it? I've been rediscovering a few things, and am all excited about getting to wear them again. :3 And also purging a few things that I've held on to for who knows what reasons. Which also feels good!

      Delete
  3. That dress is adorable. So cute! I had to laugh, because my outfit post goes up tonight and guess what? It is pajamas. Rolling on the floor! Love "salt and pepper" salt shakers. I have a set of my own and a friend just complimented them today,

    And PLEASE take those cords back to Anthropologie for a refund. That is not okay what they turned into. I know you could get your money back. Well, I do not "know" but I do assume. And thanks for the heads up! Because I have been looking at Pilcro pants lately. I have been doing a lot of "looking" lately as I bought that darn mushroom blouse (it is still hanging in my closet, as I have not sold enough yet to justify wearing it). But it is getting really comfortable in there. I think it knows it is staying. My point being I like your shirt and it was a good splurge!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and your PJ's are so adorable! Speaking of the Salt and Pepper Bunnies, I almost went for the matching butter dish with the fox, but I have to watch my spending, plus our fridge is so small that the fox would probably get decapitated really fast, hehe. So best not to. ;)

      WEAR THE BLOUSE, JENNI! Come on, why wait if you know you're going to keep it? Surely the whole point of splurging for a full-price item is that you can use it immediately? Go on, I can't wait to see how you style your Viking's Best Friend Shirt! (That should SO be Anthro's product name. Just sayin'.)

      Sadly, UK Anthro stores only give you a 3 month-window for returns. And I've had those cords for longer than that. So I just threw them out. Sorry! :(

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about those cute Pilcro's.....that's no fun, even if they were from the sale rack, you expect more from Anthro.
    And you look adorable in that dress.
    You totally deserve to rest up and roll around in pajama's for a few days!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, exactly Sayaka! You'd expect more from Anthro. But as we both know, sometimes the quality dips in their clothes. I did manage to find some remarkably similar trousers in Norway though, so I'm not too upset. I bought *far* too many clothes over there, what with my sweet friend's store discount, hehe.

      And I'm glad you like me in the dress! So much fun to rediscover an old favourite. And believe me, I've had a lot of rest now, and even done some swimming and gym time! And I feel miles better. :)

      Delete
  5. I think you look fabulous here, even if you didn't feel like it:) This dress is great! I totally agree with you on the pilcro cords. I bought a pair a couple of years ago and they did not hold up well at all. I still have them because I LOVE the color, but they aren't even that comfy. I like my AG stevie cords so much better. They are definitely worth the extra $.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you hon! Sorry I didn't see your comment before! Let us join hands in wrath against Pilcro cords. tbh I wasn't too keen on the AG cords either because mine lost their shape so quickly, but that could just have been that one pair... I think I'm just more of a denim gal at heart? :)

      Delete