Friday, 13 September 2013

Grey Skies, Green Legs

Sweater: J.Crew via ebay. Jeans: AG Stevies, old. Shoes: Pilcro.

Okay, so I look slightly less like a zombie today than I did on Tuesday. This is what we call progress! But in all seriousness, I've managed to rest up, and almost feel like I'm back to normal again! Finally being able to wear my new favourite sweater helps... That also helps with making the whole sudden freezing autumn thing we've got going on here slightly more bearable. Oh summer, you left us too soon! 


How I coveted this sweater, for months and months! You have no idea. I found it on ebay, and kept stalking it there for ever and ever. Finally, I decided the time was right, and bought one. It arrived right smack bang in the middle of the scorching summer, so it had to spend some time waiting for me in our storage unit until I got back from Norway. Damn, but I love this sweater! I mean, it's insane, but in a fantastic way, right?


On another note, Victor and I are going go-carting for Second Wife's birthday tonight. (No, she's not literally married to us, she's just a good friend. But it's a cool nickname, right?) I will not be wearing this getup then, I can promise you that! To tell the truth I'm kind of scared... I mean, I don't have a license and I'm terrified of driving a car, and we're apparently supposed to compete in some sort of race?! 

If I die, remember me fondly. And I promise to leave my pink jeans to Jenni. 

6 comments:

  1. You can kiss good-bye to your summer. I'm ready for fall!!! But this sweater, seriously. It's just funky and fabulous. And I love the color combo of teal and purple and camel. It's bold and it works so well! Glad you're feeling on the up and up towards your hilarious, quirky self. And in a quirky and totally awesome outfit to boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Liz!:) Yeah, I'm all resigned now, bye-bye summer! Glad you like the sweater, just prepare to get sick of seeing it here, because I LOVE IT like a madwoman. And I'm glad the colour scheme worked, it was such a fun outfit to wear that I wore it two days in a row. (Shhh!) After a weekend of no internet, cuddling and vegging out with the husband, I feel like a functional human being again, ready to tackle those last two shows! YEAH!

      Delete
  2. What a fun sweater! And I'm glad you "survived" go-karting! I went once with some friends where we had the run of the course and we got in a bunch of wrecks! I got hit so hard my sunglasses flew right off my fave! ;o\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean they didn't give you helmets?! That sounds pretty irresponsible, from the track owners' side of things, I mean. I got crashed into by this crazy Indian dude who was super nice outside the track, but once he got his helmet on - different personality! He ran Victor right off the track apparently! But he did come and apologise to us both afterwards.

      Delete
  3. Adorable outfit! I love that sweater! It looks so good with those pants. I have never been go-carting. I cannot imagine that I would like it. I hate driving. It sounds like your time was crazy! And I love "second wife". Very fun! I will trade you weather any time now! Melting away here. And the spiders are taking over!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenni! :) You had me sold right up until the moment you mentioned spiders. They terrify me to the bottom of my soul. Go-karting was pretty scary, and I freaked out a bit at first, but I managed to do kind of okay by the end. Second Wife turned out to be a little speed demon, though! :)

      Delete