Monday, 2 September 2013

Never Give Up!

Sweater: Holly & Whyte, Jeans: AG Stevies, Boots: Anthro
 So the opening weekend of my play was not ideal. Oh, we got the acting side of things under control, all the props and practical things were sorted and we delivered a darn good show on all three of those nights. It's just a shame that only a handful of people showed up to each performance. Turns out the people in my hometown would rather stay at home and watch TV. The low turnout was upsetting for all of us, but I refuse to give up and cancel the rest of the shows. Because I have a cunning plan. 


Basically, my plan is to pre-sell as many tickets as I can for this weekend. Two of my friends have already agreed to do this for me; to pitch the show to their friends and colleagues and sell them tickets in advance. I literally made up sheets of tickets in photoshop based around the poster design, which my friends will print, cut up with scissors, and gently force people to buy. And then I will pay them in beer. I'm hoping to drum up even more ticket-selling friends tomorrow, so cross your fingers for me. 


Don't get me wrong. This weekend has been incredibly hard, but I have to keep trying. You see that look of fiery determination under all that hair? I will get us an audience, and I will make this show work. Let's go! Fight!

8 comments:

  1. I wish I could go see your show!! You worked so hard for this play, I'm sure all the hard work will pay off in the coming weeks!! That's great you have friends helping you out :)
    Btw: I love the polka dot sweater on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear you say that. It really means the world to me that you girls are rooting for me!
      And I love that sweater on me too! ;) So much so that I also want it in green - I'm feeling sorry for myself, so I have to be careful that this doesn't translate into buying lots of clothes. ;)

      Delete
  2. If I were there Gwen, I would definitely go to your show. And help you out. And you could teach me the qualities of beer and how to drink it.

    Fingers crossed that everything turns out perfectly this week. I know you will succeed. I mean, just look at your outfit!

    And I might just have to steal those pink pants.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenni, really. Your support means so much to me! I'm sure all your good energy is flowing across the ocean and coming to help me. I already feel better than the day I wrote this. :) I've even sold some tickets!

      Hehe you know what, I don't drink beer either! I have never been able to, the smell is just too much for me. But paying in beer is cheaper than paying in cocktails! :)

      Come steal my pink pants. I dare you! ;)

      Delete
  3. I'd like to echo the others and say if I was there, I'd go too! Especially after all the hard work you've put in. All the best. I hope people realise what they have been missing and turn up!

    Ps. Thank you for information about anthro shopping in uk:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hon. I really appreciate it!! I've got - let me see - three people selling to friends and colleagues already, and I'm off to give my hand-printed tickets to two more people, plus I've got several promises of attendance from friends and family. So keep on rooting for me, I might just pull through here! :)

      Oh, and no probs! I hope you find lots of sale goodies!

      Delete
  4. I'd go see your show if I could as well - you've put a ton of effort into it and I am sure the folks who did the play did not regret it. Good luck for this coming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Lisa! Those of my friends who watched it, loved it, and hopefully they will all spread the word. And I've got two whole days left to sell tickets, so I'm optimistic! :)

    ReplyDelete