Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Some times, good things do happen!

Rehearsal photo by Polina S. Bakh.

You guys, you won't believe this, but we're doing the last two shows! On Saturday, we had an audience of over twenty, and on Sunday, we played to twelve people. Booking an audience in advance definitely got us some bums on seats, but still not enough to convince the guys - or so I thought.

But on Sunday night, after what would have been our last show, I found out that one of them never wanted to cancel in the first place, and the other then changed his mind and said he wanted to do the last shows after all. I slept on it and did some serious thinking the next morning... and decided to go for it.

So we have a show! We get to do this awesome play two whole more times! There's a lot of work left to do, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried... but I'm also very happy. Because of the venue being overbooked, we have two weeks to hustle up some audience members, and force them to buy their tickets early. And if all else fails, maybe my friend who's a store manager can lend us some shop dummies?

Rehearsal photo by Polina S. Bakh.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for continuing the show. And also, you look so beautiful! And the boys are cute. Gosh! Now I want to see the show even more! I love that you are keeping us up to date. Thank you!

    And enjoy your time with Victor. Because he is rad. And I think of your husband every time I see a rabbit now, which should be weird, but isn't. : )

    I hope your show does great the next two times!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think they're cute? You should try spending ten minutes with them... :P You should have been there on the rehearsal day that became National Fart and Burp Day! ;)

      Victor IS rad. And he would take it as a compliment to be associated with rabbits. They are totally his minions. ;) He missed me, I missed him, it's just so wonderful to be home!

      Thanks for always cheering for me!! :)

      Delete
  2. I love rehearsal photo's Gwen!! This belongs an album cover!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Sayaka! My friend is a really talented photographer. There are a few more up on our Facebook event page, I'll send you a link sometime when I can find it! (Bad organiser, much? ;)

      Delete