Thursday, 10 October 2013

Airport Chic

Sweater: Bossini, Jeans: AG Stevies, Flipflops: Quicksilver, Scarf: from Taiwan

 So! This is what I wore to the airport. Exciting, right? It kind of kills me that I really outdid myself on the whole cute outfits with limited suitcase space thing while we were in Hong Kong, and we only ended up taking pictures of ONE outfit. With Victor's phone, no less. So I decided to take a picture of what I wore for our Hong Kong to Sydney flight, because I kind of liked it. I never tried using light brown with neon pink before, but why not? And this outfit has leopard print and stripes in it, which makes it stylish just by default. I hope!


And in case you're wondering, yes - we're doing a bit of a crazy international jaunt, because Victor is Australian. And his immediate family all live in Australia. And his younger sister is getting married here in Sydney in two days, so we couldn't not show up. Our first stopover was in Honkers, where some of his other relatives live - his cousin had a baby last year, a baby that I got to name, no less! So again, we couldn't not go see them. More on the baby later. Suffice it to say that I kind of wanted to snatch him, but I showed admirable restraint. 


Also, have an outtake! I took this to try and show off the pretty lace detail at the back of this sweater. We went to Bossini (they're a bit like a cross between UniQlo, and The Gap, I guess?) where Victor promptly picked out this sweater for me and insisted I try it on. He also got me the most awesome pair of tribal pattern jeans that I can't wait to show off here - you know, when we have time to take pictures, or when I manage to excavate the camera remote from the fathomless depths of his suitcase.

13 comments:

  1. Victor has a good eye! Love the sweater and the outfit in general. Perfect for travel. Sounds like a great trip - enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! And yes he does, I've just learned to try on anything he suggests! ;) The best part of the trip is yet to come, because our stopover on the way back home is Japan! :)

      Delete
  2. I like the combo of the sweater with the animal print - hope you guys are having fun on your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! The actual wedding part of it has been pretty boring, but everything else has been great! :)

      Delete
  3. What exciting travels! I know it's totally lame, but if I'm wearing a cute outfit out around town and forget to take pictures, I think, "ugh, what a waste!" Lol What is happening to me?!? I still felt confident and stylish and got to parade my outfit around town, but damn, forgot those all important outfit photos! Stupid. Get with it, Liz.

    Anyways, I think this outfit looks super comfy-cozy. Black and Tan are neutrals, so I think you could probably wear almost any colored skinny with them. Bright red would be super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's EXACTLY what I think too, Liz! Sometimes I'll repeat an outfit if I didn't get photos the first time around, and tell myself it's MAINLY because I liked the outfit anyway. Haha!

      And YES, bright red is an awesome idea, I do have those red AG jeans back home, so I will try that later for SURE! Thanks for the idea, hon! :)

      Delete
  4. Love the light brown and neon pink tigether! Hope you are having a fabulous time jet setting around the world. I would love to get to Australia someday!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! :) Glad it's a combo that seems to work for people! I kind of wondered while I was wearing it. If you do end up going to Oz, brace yourself for some serious heat! :)

      Delete
  5. Again, your husband is the coolest! And he has family everywhere! How fun! I hope you are having a fabulous time. I love the different patterns in your outfit. The lace back is really cool. I still want those pants!

    You are doing this to torture me, aren't you? ; )

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muahahaha, but of course! ;) And yeah, I love that Victor not only has such good taste, but is also prepared to buy me the stuff he picks out for me. ;) His family is actually limited to Hong Kong and Australia, and I have to admit I love the Honkers branch more than his immediate family. They're just my kind of lunatics! ;)

      Delete
  6. You look so cute in your traveling outfit Gwen. I wish I looked that cute when I was traveling. I'll have to learn from you and wear something that's more picture appropriate next time :) Have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, you should have seen me on the plane from Sydney to Narita today then - leopard jeggings happened. Of course I got frisked in security, hahaha! I think it's most important to be comfortable, and only wore the pink jeans because the jeggings were dirty! ;)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete