Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Lovely Koople



So all this time, I thought I was married to a Chinese man... only for Victor to go and turn into a Chinese girl. And by that I mean that, for his sister's wedding, he announced that he wanted us to wear matching outfits. Now, he is the first person to point out Chinese girls forcing their boyfriends to wear matching outfits and take photos with them, okay? And then making fun of the guys for being so spineless - just to me, you understand, he wouldn't actually go up to a strange couple and point fingers and laugh. He's got some manners. 


Now, as you may guess, I wasn't too impressed with the idea. Especially when his arguments went something like this: "I know you like to wear your crazy colours and stuff, honey - but you don't always need to be the brightest frog in the lily-pond, you know?" This is a man who used to make fun of the Kooples store a few months ago - and who was suddenly holding it up as some kind of golden example. He just wanted us to match, he explained as he was buying me this wool dress to wear in Australia. Was that really such a bad thing? My only act of rebellion was adding these shoes to put my own quirky spin on the outfit, and since they matched, Victor gave them thumbs up.


In the end, he did kind of sell me on the concept. I mean, we do look kind of spiffy together, right? Like we're doing some kind of 1930's gangster-related dress-up, perhaps, but still... We're co-ordinated, right down to my lipstick. Also, that hat, which Victor tried on in Hong Kong airport and which I subsequently insisted he had to buy... how cute is my boy in that hat?! I mean, just look...


 Victor is so hawt with a hat! 

We also wound up getting some headshots done by Victor's other sister, while the bride and groom were having their glamour photos done and we were waiting around. In my defence, she did tell us to "do something crazy" for the last picture. 



No, I didn't literally lick his face. Just so you know. 

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I love these! Look at Victor in that hat - he thinks he's ballin'! lol Your couple pictures are absolute awesome. They're total keepers.

    I'm not proud to admit it, but I sometimes ask Kyle to match me for weddings and nice nights out. "Matching" is a strong word...maybe "coordinating" is better. (Semantics, I know. But it makes me feel less creepy.)

    As for your and Victor's matching outfits - I think you two look adorable! You're looking very sophisticated and svelte while calling up images of a vintage English socialite. Love it! And you be the brightest frog in the pond! I always am; it's my trademark in the family. Whatevs. I like dressing up in colorful, showy outfits, and I support your choice to do so as well! :-)

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, Victor and I had to google "svelte" - thank you so much, you make me blush! :) Oh and there was a whole sequence of Victor posing like a gangsta, he totally had his poser hat on! I just picked the best one. :)

      You know, we were talking about "coordinating" in the future today... conversation instigated by me, haha! Next time, I will get to style Victor to match me, with stuff we already own... should be fun! ;)

      Delete
  2. First, your husband is a hottie! Second, oh, you know you totally licked him! Did you learn that from the alpacas? Third, Victor has great taste! I love your matching outfits. You guys look gorgeous. I just bought my husband and I both gnome costumes for Halloween. Does that count?

    I also adore how you paired the outfit with your own spin adding your quirky shoes. It adds an element of fun to the outfit. And when I saw this I smiled and thought, "Aaah. There's my Gwen."

    I love the pink lips with the pink belt, too. So cute! What a hot couple!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squee, I know right?! I see him all the time so I forget how hot he is, and then every once in a while, BAM! I honestly didn't lick him then, BUT I licked the back of his neck the other day and weirdly, he tasted of hot-dogs. O_o

      Gnome outfits totally count. You should post them! ;) And it makes me happy that you thought that about the shoes - because I think that means I'm finally nailing a style that's my own! :) Hehe, hot couple, thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. You both look fantastic all coordinated up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! We've discussed doing it again, actually... ;)

      Delete
  4. I think you both look wonderful! I understand your hesitation about matching, but I think in this case, it works. Your shoes add the perfect touch and make your outfit more "you".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It makes me so happy that you think so to, about the shoes I mean. :) They made it an "I OWN that outfit!" kinda thing. And they stop it from looking like we're in some kind of weird retro-dressing cult or something. ;)

      Delete
  5. You two look fabulous! LOVE the matching outfits! The pops of purple are perfect! Fun fun fun!!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hon! It really did add an element of fun to the day, and we've agreed to do matchy-matchy outfits again, only more casual perhaps? We shall see... ;)

      Delete
  6. You two look awesome Gwen!! I love the last picture...your so funny!! And those shoes were an awesome choice!! Makes your outfit so much more unique and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sayaka! It's one I need to print out and frame, eh?And yeah, the shoes helped me feel a lot better about that outfit! I need to show Victor how many people agree with my shoe choice here, hehehe.

      Delete