Monday, 11 November 2013

Words to Live By

Cardigan: From Norway, T-shirt: Rachel Antonoff, Jeans: AG Stevies, Boots: Anthro.

In case you're wondering what it says on my T-shirt, it says "Money can't buy style". Which is the awesomest slogan ever, second only to "Make Love, Not War" which I wrote on my pencil case in tip-ex, back when I was in highschool. And then I coloured the letters in with different colour pencils. I was such a creative child... But I digress.


I think the slogan is also intended as a pun by Rachel Antonoff, since this was a freebie T-shirt I got when I bit the bullet and decided to reward myself with one of her famous sweaters after I'd finished the gruelling marathon that was the play I put on. And yes, I love the sweater too, but I've yet to take any flattering photos in it - it looks great in person, but on pictures it just kind of morphs you out. 


Oh well, I'll have to blog that sweater someday, I've practically been living in it after all... As for this T-shirt, I actually wore it lots of times on our trip to Asia, but never got round to photographing any of those outfits. (Which means I will happily repeat them, hehe.) I love this shirt - it's just so timeless, and the grey goes with everything - especially neon pink jeans! 

8 comments:

  1. I totally love this! (Not surprisingly, considering it's in my favorite pink, black, and white color combo!) I love that you got this as a freebie and it's getting a post before the sweater you splurged on. The polka dot sweater is adorable, too.

    I was also a lame teenager who wrote really inspirational, awkward quotes in all of my journals and all of my folders. It's funny because now I can't stand most of the "inspirational" quotes clogging up my facebook feed and pinterest homepage. Now I'm more drawn to bitchy, ironic, bitter quotes. I think I'm becoming an grumpy old maid despite being 27 and married. What a paradox I am. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sooo get what you mean about the quotes! The first time I see one of those "meaningful quote superimposed over a beautiful image" things I might be like, "Oh, that's profound," but then it shows up everywhere and pretty soon it just gets annoying. I'm with you, the bitchy/quirky ones put more of a smile on my face!

      Oh and I guess I'd better bite the bullet and try taking some more pictures with my sweater... I mean I do love it, it just photographs so weirdly. And yay, I'm glad you like my polkadot sweater too, it hung in my closet forever because of a hole in the sleeve that I finally got around to fixing. Yeah, I'm lazy!

      Delete
  2. Your pants again! Aaaahhh! I am green over here.

    Super cute shirt. I love the slogan. I especially love that it was free! And now I want/need to see the sweater. How can we make this happen?

    I love your creativity. My daughter's big Christmas present this year are her expensive set of colored art pencils she wants. Maybe that is what she is doing with them. ; )

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jenni, in that case I have some more pink pants outfits to torture you with coming up! (Sorry! Hehe.)

      Okay, so the sweater will happen. It's the bright red "I'm With Her" one from Rachel Antonoff, and I can't exactly wear it to work because I sit between two guys, haha! But I wear it "off duty" all the time, so maybe I'll try taking some more pictures soon...

      And I love that your daughter is getting coloured pencils! Are they the watercolour ones that you can rub out with a brush dipped in water? I used to loooove working with those - in spite of my lack of artistic talent, they got me some good grades because they kind of make everything look good by default! ;)

      Delete
  3. The pink jeans are awesome and I like your fun tee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I personally love it when fashion can have an element of fun (or sarcasm, heh,) in it!

      Delete
  4. I love a sweet tee with a meaningful logo!! For a second I thought you were wearing a polka do cardigan over the tee. But how awesome that the sleeves are polka dots!! I love it all the more. And those neon pink pants are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, but it IS a cardigan! It just kind of slipped down a little! I can see how it looks like that, though. A slogan tee with polkadot sleeves is an awesome idea actually...
      I'm glad you like it though! And those pink pants are kind of an obsession with me right now, maybe because the weather is so grey? So they will appear again soon! :)

      Delete