Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Crazy Colours, Sturdy Boots

Dress: Brushed Terra Dress, Anthro, Cardigan: Old Navy, Boots: Hunter
 Reasons for this outfit were as follows. I love putting neons and neutrals together, and it was raining that morning. Of course, it didn't rain for the whole rest of the day, but there I was, clomping around town in my big rain boots anyway. At least they were really comfy - after years of wearing rain boots where you could feel every stone you stepped on through the sole, I can recommend Hunters from the bottom of my heart. 


Am I crazy to think of this dress as neutral, by the way? I mean the colour-scheme, of course, it's not like I'd ever say this pretty dress is boring, haha. Our of all my dresses, this might just be my favourite; and I'm trying to get some more wear out of it before winter truly settles in here. Funnily enough, Sayaka must be thinking the same thing, because look, we're dress twins today!


And um, I disappeared for a little while there because we went to Paris with a friend. Please don't hate me! If you live in London, you can be in Paris in about two hours on the Eurostar train, and it's pretty affordable too. Our big Asia trip was booked last year, but this one we booked in September. Did we have fun? Of course we did! We even went to the Moulin Rouge, which was great fun if not exactly PG, haha. Oh I'll come right out and say it: It was like Cirque du Soleil - but with tits. 


 We ended up travelling there without our camera because of luggage space, so all the photos we took are on Victor's phone - I can't even instagram any of them, which is terribly frustrating for me, of course. But it was lovely, and we've found a great new travelling companion. She even came up with the three-foot high-five (we'd all had a bit to drink, I confess), which is surprisingly difficult to manage, actually...

8 comments:

  1. Paris?! I'm so jealous Gwen!! And you look adorable my dress twin :) The neon looks super cute with the dress (never thought of colorful tights!! I'll have to give it a try next time) and the purple brings everything together. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Sayaka!! My bracelet had both neon yellow and pale purple in it, that's how the cardigan ended up there (maybe I should've included a close-up). Paris is really lovely, but very cold this time of year - if you guys ever go there, you should go in the summer for sure! It's a shame America is so far away! :(

      Delete
  2. I can not believe that I don't have a pair of Hunters yet. What the heck. Need to get on it cause I love the way they look + I LOVE these colours paired together so vibrant and fun!!

    xo
    By The Shore, a life + style blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronika! :) I've never regretted investing in those boots - and it's true, black goes with everything! So I say go for it! ;)

      Delete
  3. Um, why? You love to make me jealous, don't you? ; )

    Paris? Hunter boots? Soon, you are going to tell me you have a pet unicorn the size of a quarter (my ultimate dream). I love that you make life fun. Through your clothes or travel or secret high-fives. Groan. More jealous!

    I love all of the colors you have pulled out in this outfit!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um well, I wasn't gonna mention it but my miniature unicorn's name is Dickie. He sleeps in a matchbox that I lined with cotton wool and his favourite snack is cheese puffs. Sorry! :P

      You're welcome to try the three-foot high-five, but be warned, co-ordination is key! My friend almost kicked herself off the bed! But thanks, I'm glad you like these mad colours together!! :)

      Delete
  4. Love the colors here! Those tights are awesome. I'm so jealous that you get to hop over to Paris like that. It's a big ordeal for us to get there! Ben and I have visited Paris in the winter and the spring - both times were lovely, but I think I liked the winter best (probably just because it rained quite a bit when we were there in the spring).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin! The tights are from American Apparel, if you want to get them!
      I can imagine the ordeal, you'd have to land on Iceland or something, right? (Not that Iceland isn't awesome, but it's so expensive!) So glad you got to enjoy Paris though! I went there once in the summer for a rock concert and I have to say, the summer was my favourite time there. Then I really wished I could've stayed longer! :)

      Delete