Saturday, 23 November 2013

Heart chakra and sparkles.

Shirt: H&M, Sweater: Anthro, Jeans: AG Stevies, Boots: From Norway
So I crawled from my death bed to take some photos of all the green stuff I was wearing. Because it figures that when you work in a freezing office full of coughing people, the first thing you're going to do on your day off is get sick. In between hazy fever dreams of dying my hair in shades of pink, purple and turquoise with help from my mum (it was supposed to be ombre but it went horribly wrong) while in Las Vegas and blowing my nose, I decided I needed to wear a lot of green.  
I had this vague idea that I'd let the green be the neutral in my outfit and then pair it with, you know, actual neutrals in the form of this sweater and these boots. Both of  which are also sparkly, because I mean, come on, there is a limit to how boring neutrals need to be! (Kidding! Mostly.) 



When looking back at these photos, I was all, "Oh, why did I let my shirt get bunched up in that unflattering way, it looks like I have a tapeworm or something, I can never post these!" And then I just kind of took a mental chill pill. Because it doesn't matter, because I still loved the outfit while I was wearing it. In a weird way, it was like all that green - my favourite colour - gave me extra power or something! 
A strange lady once told me that green is the colour of the heart chakra, and of healing too - so by her logic, wearing a lot of green was a way of healing myself. Maybe there was a grain of truth in that...

8 comments:

  1. I do the same thing when I'm feeling down. I dress to compensate or something. And I totally get the urge - however delusional - to think that wearing green might revitalize your spirit and give you a shot of energy!

    I think the green is a great pop of color against the neutral sweater. It looks simultaneously fresh and springy AND festive. The big earrings are really cute with it, too. This would be an adorable holiday outfit, I think.

    From feverish to festive, this outfit can take you through the winter season! lol

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From Feverish to Festive... AWESOME!! If only I'd worn my slouchy red hat too! I really could turn this into a Christmas outfit - maybe my red jeans and that green gingham shirt? We shall see... I'm especially glad you like the earrings, they're kind of a happy memento and I need to wear them more often.

      Glad I'm not the only one who cheers myself up by making up outfits! Sometimes I do think I'm kind of batty to do that. ;) And you know what, green and neon yellow, and lately that bright pink too - they do put an extra spring in my step when I wear them!

      Delete
  2. I love all of the green and the sparkles! You look fantastic! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin! And thanks, I do feel miles better now - just in time to go back to work of course! Typical, haha!

      Delete
  3. I love your sweater! I've been eyeing it on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! It's so versatile and fun! Just be wary that it runs a tad small, so if you wanna wear a shirt under it you might want to size up (I did).

      Delete
  4. I hope you are feeling better! Never underestimate the powers of green! I love the neutral sweater paired with the green top and pants. It is inspiring!

    But what the heck were you doing out of bed? Oh my gosh! And then standing in the cold on the balcony?! Dr. Jenni is so mad at you! Being sick is the perfect time for an excuse to stay in bed!

    I hope you are feeling much better!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni, I'm so glad you liked this outfit! I looked at myself and thought this was a bit mad, even for me! ;)

      And um, I had way too much stuff to do to stay in bed? Since I work shifts and got sick on my days off, I had a lot of things to sort out, so... I even went to the gym at some point, hehe. I sprinkled the crosstrainer liberally with bacteria, I think. And Victor dragged me out on a long walk because he said the cold would make my virus go away. Sorry, Dr. Jenni!

      I am feeling way much better now, though! Thank you! :)

      Delete