Friday, 1 November 2013

Miyajima Island

Jacket: UniQlo, Top: Anthro, old, Jeans: Bossini, Scarf: Vero Moda

Miyajima is an island just outside of Hiroshima. There are so many things to see and explore there, but it is most famous for the huge red torii gate on the beach. When the tide comes in, the gate stands surrounded by water. There's also this gorgeous forest, with temples hidden away like little treasures.



You'll have to pardon my choice of shoes -we spent the day hiking all over the island, so that called for sturdy footwear. At least I was being slightly stylish by mixing stripes and florals in the same colourway!


What I love even more than the nice picture of us is that photobomber in the background. I mean, that guy's got some moves!



6 comments:

  1. That is so pretty! And I love that you know when to be practical. Some people never learn that, you know?

    Are you home yet? You look like you are having a fabulous time!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got home over a week ago! I'm just incredibly slow about updating my backlog of photos! Miyajima really was a special place, I'm so happy we went there.

      And hey, I'm Norwegian - I can't help but be practical, haha!

      Delete
  2. You guys are lucky to be able to travel all over Asia - I'd love to be able to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we are, and it was an amazing trip! Highly recommended. :)

      Delete
  3. I have neve been to Miyajima before!! I am so jealous :) I love the picture and the last one....oh my gosh so funny!! I love travel photo's because you notice all these funny/weird things after. Thank you for sharing your vacation photo's! You still look cute in hiking boots Gwen. I like how you added a cute scarf into the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally go there with your family, you would love it! There is SO much to see and do. Hehe, and I'm glad you liked my scarf!

      Delete