Monday, 25 November 2013

Pub Night

Dress: Wallis, Cardigan: Warehouse, Boots: Clarks' outlet, Belt: Anthro

Weeks ago, I wore this outfit to the pub - channeling Sayaka by mixing up some polkadots and cat print. Victor and I were going out to meet an old friend of ours - a Norwegian guy we met when we first started dating. Um, we kind of met because he was also trying to date me at the time, but by then I was already living and breathing all things Victor, so that was clearly not going to happen. Um, is it just me or does that sound kind of creepy? Anyway... 


Back in those days, I was working in a bookstore, and the two boys were supposed to meet me there for another post-work trip to a pub. Science Fiction was kept in the basement, so that was where they both went while I finished off my shift. I remember I was working at the till when my Spanish colleague Christina ran up to me, eyes bugging out of her skull in horror. "Victor's gone down to the basement! That Norwegian guy's already there! They're going to FIGHT!!" 


Alas, what a boost to my ego that would have been, but no. I sauntered down there to find them happily chatting away about some author or another.  Because it is IMPOSSIBLE, I tell you, not to like Victor.  

You know what's also impossible? For me to remember what on Earth I was giving the side-eye to in that last picture! I mean, if it annoyed me that much, I should at least be able to remember, right...?

9 comments:

  1. This is totally wrong but whilst reading your post, I had the theme song to "Three's Company" going through my head! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, so wrong, it's right!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is impossible to also not like you! I love that you guys still keep in touch with that guy. The outfit is super cute. We all need to channel our hidden Sayaka! And I love the pattern mixing!

    As for the side eye, it was probably some other poor broken hearted chap pining away from below.

    And a basement filled with science fiction? Um, yes, please! So rad! For our date night tonight, my husband and I are trying to determine if we should go see the new Hunger Games movie and go to dinner or go to dinner and come home and watch the guys from Hot Fuzz in their new movie on DVD. I hope your night is just as fun!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that guy is awesome! He's just not *my* knight in shining armour! ;) And yeah, Sayaka was onto something here, I'm definitely doing cats and dots again! And you flatter me, haha! "Another broken-hearted chap" - I laughed so hard. :) I seriously still don't remember!

    Oh and that basement kind of met a grisly end because all the shops on that street had a sewage flood. All the books on the lower two shelves were filled with sewage water and then expanded, so once it was all drained they had to be broken out of the shelves because they were tight as cement. Well, we reopened the basement at some point with new shelves, and most of the books hadn't been in contact with the water, but that sewage flood was epic. The basement was just transformed overnight into a stinking underground lake! I went down to see it and spontaneously retched, it was that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I love it - you think you're going to go downstairs and find them fighting to the death for you. Instead, who's Gwen? I think I quite love this Victor guy, instead! Too funny.

    So after my post about approaching animal print like a neutral, I'm seeing it everywhere! Who woulda thunk animal print and polka dots would be so quirky-cute? I love it. It's totally your personality, too. :-)

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I never really thought they'd fight over me, they are both way too sweet for that. Victor would totes have won though! ;)
      All my male friends have man-crushes on Victor!

      Yeah animal print is in the air! I'm happy you thought this combo was "me", because it's my new fave!

      Delete
  6. You so funny Gwen. Thank you for channeling me (I'm blushing) But the funny part is when I saw your outfit I thought "that is so cute!!" and then I realized that I also did the dot & cat a few weeks ago.....it's funny how you forget what you wore a few weeks ago. Thank goodness I have a blog to keep track :) The polka dress is adorable and I like how you added a hint of yellow to the outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, that is too funny! I know what you mean, I tend to forget too. So glad you liked my little copycat outfit! :) I definitely want to do "dot & cat" again soon, I have so many examples of both after all! ^_^;

      Delete
  7. you look so pretty! what a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete