Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Pale Pink and Camo

Necklace: Kie & Kate,  Top: Banana Republic, Trousers + Boots: From Norway
 So I saw this picture in American Glamour of a model wearing pale pink, grey and olive, and I was all "Oh hey, I wanna copy that colour combo!" But can you even see my necklace against my grey top there? It also just hit me that Sayaka wore a bib necklace and camo trousers a while ago, so I guess I lifted the idea from her, too!


Anyhow, I love this necklace but I haven't worn it as often as I like because, well, it's pretty big. But while my friend was visiting and we went to Paris together, I really got to thinking about signature pieces. You know, when someone wears a piece of jewellery that's so stylish and unique, that you just start to associate it with them? Because my friend has this awesome, kickass Swarofski ring that, even when I see Megan Fox or whoever that was rocking it on the store poster, I instantly think of my friend. So maybe, if I can get used to wearing this necklace, it can become one of my signature pieces? We shall see...


Lastly, the levels of near death that were going on while I took these pictures... No jacket, in the freezing wind, and I'm still snotty from my last bout of the mortal flu virus... I actually felt very fabulous while I was wearing this outfit - huge necklace! sparkly boots! - but now that I look at the photos, was it even that great? Was it actually worth risking my life over?* Oh well, I didn't actually get sick again, so at least there's that! 


*Ah, but I exaggerate. You know that, right? 

4 comments:

  1. I love this outfit so much. Now I want to recreate it. Only, I don't own a light grey shirt. Or gorgeous pink necklace. Or cargo pants. Or brilliant glittery boots. I just LOVE it so much. It is muted and fabulous.

    It was absolutely worth risking your life for. Otherwise I would not know my own life was incomplete without all of these items. Seriously, I am now plotting how I can recreate this using what I have.

    Off to raid my closet!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm so glad you liked it since I really had my doubts about posting it! I can't wait to see your version of this look! Somewhere on the internet I saw a tutorial about adding sparkle to boots, I can try to find it for you if you are feeling crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I don't take photos outside - I don't need to freeze outside sans coat for the sake of fashion (don't quote me on that, haha). I think you look fun and cas - great camo jeans with the girlier necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you thought this was a fun outfit! I wish I could take photos in our flat but the light's all wrong. At least I'm getting better at taking photos quickly? ;)

      Delete