Sunday, 26 January 2014

But Of Course!

Sweater: Madewell, Shirt: H&M, Cords: AG's, Anthro, Boots: From Norway
     This sweater was one of those things that grew on me. I saw it in the Madewell store - first thing I spotted when I walked in there to pick up my bag - and thought, "Well that's ugly." Only then I couldn't get said sweater out of my head, and after several days of touristing and sleeping on it, I realised that I actually liked it. A lot. So then I bought it, and lived in it until it got so gross that I had to bit the bullet and hand-wash it in the bathtub. Because isn't it cute and preppy? Isn't it the sort of sweater Audrey Horne might have worn to Spanish Class in Twin Peaks?*


This shirt, now, I knew I had to have that the minute I saw it on the H&M website, while actually looking for a present for my friend. (Isn't that always the way? Siiigh.) Because well, I bought the previous version of the shirt last year, and then wore it so much that how could I resist the exact same shirt in a different colour-way? (All the designer did was change some filters in photoshop, I swear.) I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this shirt, as a layering piece and on its own. 


These cords were kind of a weird one for me - I only meant to try them on for size, but they were on sale, and they were so soft! And they perfectly matched this sweater I have that doesn't match a lot of other things... and I'd been wanting a pair of burgundy cords, though are they even burgundy? Or are they rust? They seem to change colour depending on the light. This was kind of a bad idea, trying these cords on, I mean... I'm already a massive AG addict, and now it's not just the jeans I'm obsessed with, but the cords, too?!


*Because Audrey Horne was a contrary girl, I just bet she would've loved the idea of showing up for Spanish in a sweater with French writing on it. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, you need to watch yourself some Twin Peaks so you can come fangirl over that show with me!

4 comments:

  1. I love the sweater! But I do know what you mean by "growing on you" Sometimes you just have to look at it a few times to realize how much you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sweater. Again, I am being a dork and typing out a comment in my notes, because my comments keep disappearing. I wrote you an email. No worries about being quick back to me or anything. But my email crashed and now it is only saying I sent a few things. So, I am stressed you did not get one of two. Technology man, it's a beast. My mail was opened when I picked it up today. So, now I feel like I need to change to paperless billing. But with my technology fried brain, I just don't foresee this ending well.

    Crap. I forgot what your post said. Hold on a sec.

    Now I remember! I love the undershirt and of course you had to get it! It is the perfect layering piece. And I LOVE those AG Stevies on you. I was going to tell you they were definitely wine. Not rust. But then in one of the pictures, I could see the rust you are talking about.

    Also, I meant to tell you in the other comment, I like your scarf too!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete