Friday, 7 February 2014

Best Present Ever


Necklace: c/o Sayaka :) Cardigan: UniQlo, Top: J.Crew, Belt: Anthro
Skirt: From Norway, Boots: Clark's, Bag: Madewell.

So, I haven't blogged my new favourite necklace yet, which is nuts!! But here it is, and isn't it pretty? This was my Christmas present from Sayaka, and because it arrived literally the day before we had the bad news about my dad, this necklace was just a constant positive reminder that even though I had just lost someone who meant a lot to me, I still have so many wonderful people in my life. That, and it's beautiful, of course. It's like something Tut-Ankh-Amun would have given his wife as a present! It's my first ever piece of jewelry by Pam Hiran but now I am a devoted fan, for sure! Thank you so much, Sayaka!!


This outfit is probably influenced by the movie Victor and I had been to see two nights ago, as part of the Japanese film festival in London. It was a showing of the rom-com Moteki - which they translated as Love Strikes! - but actually, means something a little different. Someone knows they are going through their "Moteki", their attractive phase in life, when they suddenly have lots of romantic interest from the opposite sex - literally, they become irresistible. And so this movie is about what happens when the shyest, nerdiest guy in the world suddenly becomes super attractive. Of course, he was played by a very handsome man that they just put some glasses on, but still! It was a fun movie.   


After the film, there was a Q&A session with the director and the star - Moriyama Mirai, who's something of an idol back in Japan, or so I understand. And holy crap, there were so many women there - all these beautiful Japanese women, of all ages, who'd come to see him. Some of them had even brought their boyfriends! The little cinema room was packed. I can see why they fancied him, I mean, he is one handsome, charming and funny man! Personally, I was almost more enthralled by how beautifully all these women were dressed. I mean, the elegance and the simplicity of some of those ladies... I wanna dress like them! So maybe this is my modest attempt - at being more modest. As if!

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous necklace! Love the outfit too - the dots and the color combo are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristin! There are just so many ways I can style this necklace - it goes with everything, especially "our" shoes!

      Delete
  2. You look hot! Sayaka is so sweet. I love your friendship. The necklace is so pretty and perfection with that outfit! I am jealous of your play you got to see! I would have loved that! You guys have such fun together.

    You are giving me an idea of how to style this midi blue and white polka dot skirt that I find impossible to wear. I am going to try my long sleeve mustard top! Thank you for that!

    Unfortunately I do not have a plum sweater (which is fantastic with this, btw). So, I will have to think of somethin'.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, babe! *preens* And I agree, Sayaka is too lovely and awesome for words!

      Love Strikes is available on American blu-ray, you know - I just found it on Amazon! You should get it, and watch it with your husband - but probably not your kids. Some of the humour is pretty adult, hehe.

      So glad I could give you a styling idea! Can't wait to see what you cook up, I bet you look super cute in that skirt and just don't know it yourself. What about substituting another warm colour for plum, like maybe a deep red or pink? :)

      Delete
  3. Go Sayaka! That necklace looks awesome on you. It makes a statement all on its own, and I can see it going with so many different outfits. And I absolutely love this skirt. I would definitely be drawn to it on the rack, and the shape of it looks like something I'd love on my body, too.The length is great, and the blue is a gorgeous color on you!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miz Liz! You'll probably get sick of this necklace, because it really does go with everything... and I adore it so. You'd look so good in a skirt like this one, it's one of those modern things that look totally vintage, if you know what I mean. Go forth and find a skirt like mine! (Which is long sold out, sadly.) And then blog about it! ;)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful necklace! And I adore that skirt on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! Isn't it just the loveliest necklace ever? And I've actually ordered the latest version of that skirt in leopard print, so that should be pretty cool! ;)

      Delete
  5. What a pretty outfit. All the colors just flow together so well!! And I'm so happy to see you wearing the necklace!! It looks beautiful on you just as I imagined :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sayaka! I love this necklace so, so much, and I'm only sorry it took me this long to take any decent pictures of me wearing it! Ahhhh, you do have the most beautiful taste!! :)

      Delete