Monday, 31 March 2014

Favourite Set

Necklace: Pam Hiran c/o Sayaka, Cardigan + top: UniQlo, Trousers + Shoes: Anthropologie
Damn, but I loved wearing this outfit. I'd had this one planned in my head since before I altered the trousers, and before it was warm enough to wear it. Yes, as you can see behind me, there are finally bits of green livening up all the concrete.  


These days, I am definitely drawn to a more... mellow palette than my usual bright colours. It's like all I want to wear are variations of neutrals with some burgundy thrown in. Of course, my version of neutrals involves brocade prints and polkadots, so maybe this isn't so restful on the eye after all!


And yes, I realise I have worn these shoes with this necklace and this cardigan before. And I'm pretty sure you'll see them together again. I love how you can have "sets" like this and just sort of move them from outfit to outfit.  I did it here, and here, and I was going to do it here, too except it was too hot...

8 comments:

  1. I love how the patterns do read as neutrals here, because of the pop,of the pretty eggplant. I love your set! And I would have no idea it was not a fresh new idea, because it looks so different each way that you pair it.

    I really like it with the outfit with the mustard, but can appreciate that you like the calmness of the muted tones right now. I lived in my pajamas all weekend, so I have not felt up to even dressing a little bit! : )

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni! That's actually really reassuring, that you wouldn't have guessed. I weirdly worry about not being original enough, when really, it's just clothes. ;) So glad you liked it! It kind of varies, doesn't it, what sort of colours and patterns a person likes? Over the long Christmas break, I wore pretty much nothing but neutrals, polkadots and leopard print! But I can feel myself starting to get crazy again... maybe bright colours will appear here again sooner than I think! ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh I love the purple with the muted colors! So spring-y and happy. You look like one of those pretty purple flowers that I cannot remember the name. Pansies I think! so beautiful! And those shoes are so great!
    I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to see you standing in what looks like warmer weather. I always think you must be freezing in the dark wet weather. But then, I am a wimp when it come to being cold.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I'm blushing over here. :) :) And you would not believe how hot it was here today - twenty degrees Celcius, I think, which is like a mild summer day! So things are definitely heading in the right direction, far as the weather is concerned. I'm such a wimp too - I like to say that's why they kicked me out of Norway, because I can't handle the cold, haha!

      Delete
  3. Hope your back is back to normal after helping your friend move. I washed our patio yesterday (yup, it's patio weather here), and of course, my back is a mess today. Terrible!! You're looking as cute as ever though, love this gorgeous combo!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for the concern, hon! After a hot bath with essential oils and a painkiller before bedtime, I was back to normal by the next morning. So sorry to hear you threw your back out, though! Maybe a hot bath would help? And thanks, glad you like the outfit! :)

      Delete
  4. Why mess with perfection? I do the same thing - with these shoes and a very similar cardigan in fact. Love everything about this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, I've seen your lovely purple Jackie cardigan! It's inspired me to try and dye one of my factory cardigans to match the shoes. And thank you! :)

      Delete