Thursday, 24 April 2014

Gormless

Dress, belt & booties: Anthropologie, Scarf: from the night market in Taipei.
 Yeah, so let's face it, I don't look too intelligent in these pictures. I look like I'm thinking something along the lines of, "I like trees." My packpack also adds that little touch of Hungarian nerd chic, but oh well. This outfit was slightly accidental, I mean we were on holiday so I am wearing two of my packing staples that always come on holiday with me - my black blazer and leopard print scarf. Maybe I should have taken the scarf off, but then again, I kind of like the whole crazy "cat-on-cat" vibe. In fact, I want to wear it with my leopard belt and flats next - is that nuts?! 


These phone pictures - we decided to leave our camera at home because of the weight, plus we've been to Budapest before - were taken on my birthday. Waaah! I'm old! But as my mother icily once told me when I whined about getting older, "What's the alternative?" Well, obviously the alternative is to lay down and die, Mommykins. And obviously I don't plan on doing that.  Is what I didn't reply. But I was sorely tempted, hah! (My mother is awesome, by the way! She just has a low tolerance for pointless angst.) 


Also, this dress, you guys! It's finally warm enough for me to wear it! I fell madly in love with it in the December catalog last year, but it was only available in the States, plus I couldn't afford it at full price anyway... so there was a lot of hoopla before I was actually lucky enough to hold it in my hands! I have to say, though, I think I'm going to take the hem down. When you've just come face-to-face with impending old-lady-hood and your legs are thiiis long, you start thinking about things like decent skirt lengths. Luckily there is a huge chunk of spare material under the hem, so it shouldn't be too hard... 

8 comments:

  1. My husband had to ask me what was wrong because I was laughing so hard that I was crying when I read your, "I like trees" comment. You don't look like that! You look pretty. And I really like the leopard with the panther. You are breaking the animal kingdom laws (whatever that means) and I like it. But I still thought it was funny!

    I like the length of that dress. Plus, I just bought a dress with a hemline so short! And I am older than you!!!

    Jenni

    P.S.. Your mom sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well okay then. Thanks. But trees *are* pretty awesome, eh? ;) I've already done crazy animal kingdom things by wearing my dog dress with a leopard print belt and flats. It looked weirdly awesome!

      My mom is just the best - one day I want to do a mother and daughter picture for Reader Outfits on EA with her, she has incredible style and she loves a bit of Anthro. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh no! You can NEVER go wrong with a cat on cat on cat on cat theme! I want to see your outfit with the extra two cats added. And I'm with Jenni - your mom sounds great. Love you in the panther dress!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, two votes in favour of double cat. I'm being swayed more and more in the direction of doing it the next time I wear the dress! And my mom is so cool, she just got back from Peru where she walked Machu Pichu and lived with indigenous Indians... I wanna be like her when I grow up for reals!

      Delete
  3. The Cheetah dress looks adorable on you!! I'm a cat person so I can never get sick of feline patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, third vote in favour of doubling up on the cat factor... all right, so it's a definite "do" - soon as this dress comes back from the dry-cleaners! :) Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. Go full-on cat-on-cat! I love the leopard print (like, the one with their whole body) with the other leopard print (you know, the spot one). I think it look ferocious and fierce! You know I love a good matchy-matchy look, so I'd totally add the leopard belt and flats. Or maybe just one of the two. But this is me, so probably both. I think your look (the outfit) and the look (on your face) say "I like cats" more than "I like trees." Lol I am cracking myself up with my horribly corny word play. It's early morning here. Clearly I'm still sleepy and delirious. Perhaps I should go lie back down and take a quick cat nap? Ahahaha! Okay, I should go. But seriously. This look is rad.

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahaha! Well, I *do* like cats, so I suppose we can say that's what I was thinking. ;) I'm with you, actually - leopard shoes and belt, but ditch the scarf so it's not too crazy. For some reason, I think that would look nice with olive green tights... maybe? Some sort of tights, anyway, because temps just dropped again... sigh...

      Enjoy the cat-nap! ;)

      Delete