Monday, 28 April 2014

"Hello, hello!"

Coat & sunnies: H&M, old, Top: Madewell, Westport Cargos: Anthro, Boots: Anthro, old.
Birthday money + birthday discount = I buy myself expensive cargo pants. But you guys, you have no idea how many years I've been searching for the perfect cargo pants, and these are it. The in-store brand is called "Hei Hei", which actually means "Hello, hello" in Norwegian. That's just a fun fact, and not at all my justification for getting them. That would be insane. 


Speaking of insane, this afternoon I reorganised our storage cupboard, which Victor keeps well stocked in case of the apocalypse or the rapture or whatever. If I count add it all up, we have 36 toilet rolls, five large packets of tissues, and five kitchen rolls. That includes a six-pack of loo-roll I found in the back of the closet. I've told him he's not allowed to buy more toilet paper for a while, and then I made him come out and look at it all. He gets it from his dad, I swear...


Also, my lunch today was ramen and bacon. Even for me, that's a tad eccentric. But that was what we had in, so... Then, Victor comes home and declares he wants us to just have ramen for dinner. With Frankfurters.  Which I grudgingly agreed to - except I had udon with my sausages. Gotta have some variation in your diet, after all...*

So, uh, what's new with you lately?

*...and a home-made green juice, so I did get some veg in me, really... swearsies...

10 comments:

  1. Those cargo pants are so cute! Um. I totally would have bought them just based on the brand name. So funny!

    I am just like your husband. I hoard everything. Especially toilet paper and paper towels! I just bought twenty four more rolls at Target on Friday. I was down to six. You never know!!! And it would really suck to run out.

    Every time you said Victor has to have kitchen rolls, I thought you meant bread. I thought he just ate bread all day long. Now I get it! : ). It takes me awhile. I spun into a cactus during an outfit shoot today! Anyway, we call them paper towels and toilet paper over here. And when I write a list I always put "p.t." and "t.p." to which my husband always buys paper towels and toothpaste. Which is how we end up with more of one than the other.

    Ramen sounds great! I actually love ramen. I just can't make it too often be because my son cannot have too much sodium. I hope it was an adult green juice!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THIS is why we need to be neighbours. Because then you and Victor could have a shared shed where we just stored all the toilet paper for our two households. You guys could just sneak in there sometimes and look at it, and be all, "Yeah, we're stocked up in here!" ;)

      Too funny that you thought he was after bread! No, what he can't live without is rice... "I'm Chinese, damn it, how can I not have rice!" ... actual quote. He also hoards toothpaste, and heads for our electric toothbrushes.

      But, um, ARE YOU OKAY after going toe-to-toe with a fricking cactus?! That sounds horribly painful. I really hope you are okay!!

      I love ramen, too - just not twice in the same day! And my first love will always be udon. ;)

      Delete
    2. Yes! Except then we would be worried one of us would take all of the toilet paper! It might even be more stressful! : ). Did Victor grow up in the country like I did? It was hard not having a store nearby.

      Luckily the cactus only got my hand. I thought it was funny. I think my husband was the one panicking! : )

      Jenni

      Delete
    3. Oh whew! I'd have been panicking too - I hope he managed to pull ALL the needles out!

      Victor grew up in a suburb in Australia, where you literally had to drive everywhere because things were so far apart, so yeah. That could have something to do with it. That and the fact that his dad is a MASSIVE hoarder. I think their entire garage is full of toilet paper over there...

      Delete
  2. Great cargo pants! And you are wearing my favorite pocket shirt!

    I had no idea Hei Hei was a Norwegian expression. I love the Hei Hei brand at Anthro and have some of their stuff. My favorite is a military jacket.
    So my question is - is it pronounced like "Hi Hi" or "Hey Hey"? I swear I wonder that every time I put on the jacket.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I think "hei" is also the Chinese word for peace, and "hei hei" means a double blessing, so I have a feeling that's the *actual* meaning behind the brand name! ;) Either way, you'd pronounce it "hey hey" - in Norwegian, anyway.Blessed or not, these are awesome pants! It's my first experience with the brand but so far I am very impressed with the quality!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for clarifying that for me! I wonder which one they meant - Norwegian or Chinese?

      Delete
    3. I'm sure they meant Chinese - Norway's pretty obscure, isn't it?
      (Oops, shouldn't have said that, the Mighty Thor will be peeved now!)

      Delete
  3. Hello, lovey!! Yay for birthday money... it doesn't get better right?! And your cargo pants are SO good + you know my thoughts on that top. Makes my little heart race!! xoxo

    PS - thanks for the feedback on the bangs, now I'm totally thinking I should go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronika! I do still worry about looking like a big square box in that top, so I'm always glad when it gets endorsement. And I am planning on wearing the hound out of these cargos - be prepared to get sick of them.

      And get the bangs already! You know you want to! Yay bangs!

      Delete