Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Like a Kid with New Toys...

Cardigan: Vero Moda, Top & bag: Madewell, Crescent Necklace, cords & shoes: Anthro
Normally, it'd be a few days between when I wear an outfit and when I post it, but today, a certain package arrived in the mail. And I was literally there in the living room stripping out of the shirt I was wearing so I could wear this one instead. See, a while ago this cute top went on sale at Madewell, AND this gorgeous crescent moon necklace appeared on the US Anthro site, and since it wasn't possible to get them delivered to the UK, I asked Liz from With Wonder and Whimsy if she wouldn't mind receiving them for me and posting them to me. THANK YOU LIZ! Like a child with new toys, I had to wear everything at once!


 Now, let's be honest here - I adore the shirt, and felt really good wearing it. But, it does make me look a bit like a Lego block, no? So I am genuinely in the market for some advice on how to wear this in a flattering way. I'm thinking over something slinkier, like a fitted pencil skirt, or (gasp!) jeggings, or under a blazer (a polka dot one, heh), but if you have any other ideas I'd be very happy! I snapped these in a hurry, by the way, so I'm sorry if the necklace doesn't show up in all its bohemian half moon glory! 


And yes, it was SO WARM today! I could wear short sleeves outside without a jacket, and shoes without socks! (Hello, tastefully pale feet. You are the colour of chicken fillets, but then, so is the rest of me after this long winter.) Tomorrow we'll probably be back to our usual London fare of grey skies and cold winds, but at least everything is green now, yay!

10 comments:

  1. Cool new top! Think of the layering possibilities ... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I know, right?! I'm even thinking I could wear this over my brown maxi dress... Gonna be fun playing with proportions here!

      Delete
  2. Yay!!! For us us too, crazy warm today! I wore sandals & a tee. Very excited by this development. Plus, how awesome is your top?! Those pockets are such a fun detail, and hello stripes!! As for April fool's day pranks? I got nothin, worked from home today, just me & my fur fam! Yours was priceless though! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, those pockets were what made me desperate to have it. So chic and French-looking. Parisian Lego? ;) You'll have to save up some doozies for next year then, like the one on Orchid Grey (I nearly died)...

      Delete
  3. I love your new outfit! Or should I say pieces? They are so cute. I also love that you have mustard flats. How about we wear our mustard flats with our bear dresses?! I found mine! Or would that look bad?

    That necklace is on my wishlist! Too bad I am waiting for sale or we really could be twinsies with everything!

    I like that shirt. I also really like it with those pants. I think it looks good with that cardigan and would also look good with a vest.

    Love seeing your new things!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wheee thank you! We totally need to do mustard flats and bear dresses. I think it would look pretty good - I'd still have to wear it with tights, though. Hmm, you're giving me ideas...!

      How funny that you like the same necklace! We do have similar taste in a lot of stuff, don't we? I was wearing it today as well - I just didn't have the guts to wait for sale when they obviously made that necklace just for meeeee..... and you. ;)

      Thanks for suggesting a vest, by the way! I have that army green vest with the zippers and pockets, I'm going to try that out with the shirt sometime! :)

      Delete
  4. This looks really adorable on you. I love it. The top is definitely not what I expected from seeing it in the package. I just thought it was a striped tee. This is so much quirkier and cooler. It is a bit boxy, but the shape is intentionally so. It looks like it flares out a bit at the bottom in a sort of mod, 1960's shape. I actually quite like it with the red cords, but I do think it'd be a completely different look with a pencil skirt. The mustard, cranberry, and black and white is such a uniquely you color combo too. This outfit is cute as a button. One of my faves!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey!! Yeah, that weird shape and those pockets were what sold me on it - I thought, "I can wear this in so many different ways!" And you're right, it *is* a bit mod! A pencil skirt is definitely looking like the next thing I'll wear with this - my floral one that I insta'd but have yet to blog!

      And thank you so much, again, for helping me out. I'm actually wearing the earrings, too, you just can't see them under all that hair, haha!

      Delete
  5. Great top! I think it would look so sophisticated with a pencil skirt! And no - you do NOT look like a Lego block! You crack me up, Gwen!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew! Well thank you for saying that, Cynthia. Makes me feel miles better, actually. Pencil skirt it is, then - I just need to iron my floral pencil skirt first... :)

      Delete