Tuesday, 22 April 2014

One last time...

Jacket: Vero Moda, Top: Madewell, Skirt: Oasis, Booties: Anthro, Necklace: from Sayaka :) .

So here it is, my final stripes and florals outfit - for a little while, anyway! This is one of my three new skirts, by the way - from a British chain store called Oasis. I don't normally shop there, but when I walked past their shop window and saw this skirt, I was sold! These long floral pencil skirts are everywhere this season, aren't they? 

It was so bright that day, you can barely see the pendant Sayaka gave me against my top!
I was going to post this outfit before Easter rolled around, but I just plain old ran out of time. So, what do you think? At first, I felt it was really "off " in the proportions, and that it just detracted from the sleek length of the skirt made me look blocky. After having worn it for a while though, I started to like it and feel like it worked - but does it really?


So anyway, we spent our Easter in Budapest, which was just lovely! Normally, we go there in the winter, so going there when the weather was actually pleasant was a lovely change! We had such an action-packed few days - we rented bikes and rode them around the city, went to the thermal baths, took a boatride on the Danube river and went on a guided tour of the opera house...  


With one exception, all of our favourite eateries had survived since the last time we were there, too! So we got to have dinner at our favourite restaurant, M Etterem, where the chef cooks whatever he feels like that day, and you get the option to take it or leave it. And we found a new place, this awesome juicing cafe where I discovered the only green juice I've ever liked - spinach, strawberries, apple, cucumber and pineapple. Guess who's off to buy the ingredients and try to recreate this masterpiece? Wish me luck, haha!

8 comments:

  1. Oh I adore Oasis - they have such pretty items!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! They're really killing it this season! I'm just sad the matching blazer didn't fit me. =_=

      Delete
  2. That skirt is so pretty. I love the colors, too. I like that it can go sexy date night or work appropriate with the hem.

    I am so glad you had a good trip! Pictures please! Although, if there is not one with Victor blowing his nose in a leaf, it just won't compare. ; )

    Seriously, that might be my favorite picture ever. Dude, I think we have all been there. That's why I like it!

    I hope this is not the end all of stripes and florals! Maybe in a little bit you will wear them again? I love getting mixing ideas!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe! Of course it's not the end of stripes and florals! But when I told myself I had to dress in nothing *but* stripes and florals for 5 days, without re-using any items - then I cut it down to 3 - yeah, it got to be more of a hassle than fun, haha. Next time will come pretty soon, I'm sure!

      We actually only brought our phones on this trip, since we wanted to travel light, but we did get some nice pictures on those! I even had Victor do some outfit pictures for me, of the dress I wore on my birthday.

      Sadly, no leaves were harmed in the making of this holiday. Though he did sniffle an awful lot! But this time, we had tissues...

      Delete
  3. How I love this gorgeous combo!! That skirt is just all kinds of fabulous + I'm a little obsessed with your tunic. And your trip sounds absolutely divine, lucky lady!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you so much! You know, they still carry that tunic at Madewell, but only in the white-on-black colour combo... And it was *such* a lovely trip, we have both really charged our batteries now!

      Delete
  4. I like the proportions, Gwen! It looks high fashion and modern. I love the big pockets on your top. They make me happy!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying that, Cynthia! That really puts my mind at rest, if you know what I mean...! Those pockets are fantastic - great place to stash the camera remote, for one thing! ;)

      Delete