Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Hybrid

Jacket: F2, Scarf: Madewell, T-shirt: J.Crew, Jeans: AG's, Anthro, Boots: Anthro

So I kind of fell in love with this jacket when I saw Jenni in it, and she convinced me it was totally okay for me to get it too. Enabler! Hehe. In UK weather, this is essentially a cardigan/vest hybrid, but it's been warm these past few days... Maybe I've been having too much fun with it, maybe I just have red and olive on the brain now? I was kind of unwell the day I wore this outfit, but I'm convinced all that red gave me more energy!


The day I wore this outfit was last Saturday, and Victor agreed to tag along to a certain museum just to go to the bookshop with me. A long tube-ride later, we got out to discover that a) it was raining, and b) the museum staff were telling us to go queue in the rain because there were too many people in the museum already. Luckily the entrance we were trying to use was part of the tube underpass, so we didn't actually get wet - true to form, neither of us had brought an umbrella. But still. I was so mad! Even when we said we just wanted to visit the bookshop, they told us no. So we went to Chinatown and had Japanese curries instead, and damn if that museum is getting any of my money - I found one of the magazines I was after in another store out there. 


I'm talking about Kinfolk, and holy Batmobile, I am in love with this magazine! I mean, the layout, the pictures, the way their little articles are written out, like little treasures. And it's so thick, I've got to use a bookmark when I read it - that's a first for magazine reading in this household! A lazy Saturday afternoon spent reading this beauty while drinking Kopparberg cider, with a CD of some guy playing a strange Chinese instrument in the background... total bliss! I'm kind of scheming to track down some back-issues over Amazon now, because I'm hooked and I want more beautiful ruminations on life and cooking and randomness.  
  

8 comments:

  1. Oh! The jacket is SO good on you! I love it! And I love the way you paired it with the red. It is so chic and playful. That sucks that you did not get to go to the museum but I am glad you got your magazine anyway. And you got Japanese Curry. Which I had never heard of before but now I desparately want. My husband and I almost had Thai curry today, but with life being so stressful today, I just wanted to go home. Maybe I need to wear red to feel better. : )

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni! So glad you like it on me. :) You do need to try Japanese curry, it's really easy to cook and if there is a Japan town near you, or even a Chinatown, they should stock it in the supermarkets. Look for Vermont Curry or... I think maybe Golden Curry or Curry King is the other brand? They have loads of different "strengths" of curry, from mild and upwards - we just stick to the mild! ;) Oh and Thai GREEN curry?! We have a friend who knows how to make it. (She does a mild version, heh.) It's divine!

      Delete
  2. Your lazy afternoon sounds just wonderful. You and Jenni are making me want that jacket! Love how you pair olive and red. I am going to copycat you!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I checked and they do still have it on the website - it's the West Bound Utility Jacket. I'd be honoured if you were to copycat me! :)

      Delete
  3. Aw, I love that jacket! I saw it on the F21 site and had considered getting it, now you're making me regret not doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! You should totally get it, it's cheap and cute! Then we all could be like a small army in our matching jackets! ;)

      Delete
  4. The orange! It's awesome! Such a great combination of earthy tones and neutrals and citrusy pops of tangerine. Fantastic! Don't you love how we enable each other to buy frivolous things? Do I need an embroidered military jacket? Yes! Because Jenni rocked it. And therefore so can I. And somehow it will unite us in fashion and friendship.

    I've seen Kinfolf at Anthropologie, but I've never stopped to pick it up and flip through it. I'll have to next time I'm in. I love coffee table books and image rich periodicals, so I'm sure I'll love it!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you hon! :) And yes, I do love it - both how we help each other discover them, and assure each other that we'd look great in them! Seriously, not many of my friends over here would "get" Anthro clothes with prints of horses or bears or whatever, so I love sharing stuff like that with people who *do* get it. So, does that mean you're getting that jacket too, now? That we'll be the sisterhood of the embroidered military jacket?!

      As for Kinfolk, I got back-issues through Amazon and I am in LOVE! Though I haven't sprung for the cookbook yet, because I need to be careful with my money now, after blowing so much of it at Madewell! ;) - but yeah, you would LOVE Kinfolk, I think - it even has recipes in every issue. Though I have yet to try any of them, lazy git that I am, hah!

      Delete