Monday, 12 May 2014

Is this allowed?



I mean, are you allowed to wear this many stripes at once? Or is it just too crazy... Regardless, this is what I wore last week, on the day I got a parcel from sweet Jenni. She'd agreed to receive a couple of things on my behalf, and she ended up slipping a birthday present into the parcel, too! Two lovely necklaces - and since I was already in the spirit of "more is more" with the stripes, of course I had to wear them both at once. Thank you, Jenni, you are so lovely! 


This may sound bizarre coming from me, but I've really been into that whole tomboy style thing lately... Yeah, I know, me with my long hair and love of all things girly. Maybe I hit my head on something? Anyway, this outfit was my attempt at Madewell-blog tomboy style - complete with my beloved, enormous yellow watch. Yeah.


Here's a bad closeup of the necklaces - sorry it's so blurry! The green tassel one has a little owl's face on it, that's what the lump is... Oh dear... I swear I'll take better photos of them next time! It's become a bit of a "thing" now, that (almost) every time I wear them, I wear them together. 


By the way, my sprained finger is 99.5% back to its old self. I am one happy rabbit, obviously! It's nice to be able to sign my name again. Now I can go back to worrying about normal things, like burning dinner or whether or not Victor is allergic to our laundry detergent. 


Oh, and I'm actually blogging about comics, now! Well, two posts so far, so I'm hardly what you'd call prolific. But if anybody wants to see the comics I mentioned a few posts ago, I've got some artwork up. For both the projects I'm working on now - because, like with those necklaces, one at a time is never enough!
I've fixed the link, by the way, but just in case, this should take you straight there!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so glad you like them! : ). And they look so pretty on you. I got a set for me, too. So, we could keep our twinsies status across the world! I love your tomboy look and your girlie looks. I have not been able to just wear one necklace now because of you. You have created a monster!!! : ). I love it! Seriously, it makes it so much more fun to get dressed.

    I cannot see your Tumblir account. It won't let me. It sends me to a log-in page. : (

    And I wanna see your comics!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, twinsies across the world! I'll do a post soon with my bear dress worn over jeggings - I could wear these necklaces with it too (I was gonna wear the crescent one, but you know, now I have these) and then if you wanted to wear the same getup, we could do twinsie outfit posts on the same day....!!!!! Is it weird that that seems like so much fun? O_o

      And well, I think I've created one of those cute monsters - like one of those you have to fight in Final Fantasy games and go, "Do I have to? It's adorable!" so there! ;)

      I've fixed the link to the Tumblr now, so you should be able to see them. I'm sorry I'm such a doofus, I must have linked to my tumblr dashboard! Thanks for letting me know about that! :)

      Delete
  2. Yes! Mixing that many stripes is allowed when you do it so fabulously! OMG - I love a good wide leg pant. Those necklaces from Jenni are beautiful.
    Your comics are awesome. Love the name - Suicidal Toys is so descriptive and perfect. Cheeky and fun - but dark. It has the perfect edge to it and really captures the essence of the two you posted. You must be having a blast with this. Please keep sharing them!!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cynthia! I'm glad you think this isn't too nutsy. Suicidal Toys is a name we've had for a series of websites, it comes from a photo I took of someone who'd washed two huge rabbit toys and hung them out the window to dry... by the necks.
      Thanks for being so interested, I'll definitely keep sharing the comics! There's more to come soon! ;)

      Delete
  3. I really like just the striped top with the striped pants. I think it works so well because one piece looks white, the other black, and the contrasting colors keep the look coordinated without being matchy-matchy. I think the stripes being different sizes helps, too. It's a really fun look but is still surprisingly polished. I think the contrasting stripes on the top's pockets break things up a bit, too. A brave outfit concept, but it totally worked in practice! Go Gwen!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you kindly, Miz Liz! I'm sure you're right, that it's the contrasting colours that make it work, instead of making it look like some kinda Star Trek costume... ;) I just woke up one day with this irresistible urge to wear those two together - I think I dreamed up this outfit it my sleep, haha!

      Delete