Sunday, 6 July 2014

Happily Ever Copycatting

 
Jacket: UniQlo, Dress: Cath Kidston, Shoes: Birkenstock, Clutch: Anthro 
So, I didn't realise how blurry these photos turned out until I was transferring them to my laptop - yikes! I think it was a combination of the bright sunshine (look at me squint, haha!) and our camera acting up. I'm sorry I don't have any nicer pictures of this outfit, which I've worn maybe five times so far this summer - including to an outdoor performance of Julius Caesar! (Spoiler: most of them died. Hehe.) 


I've been wanting to wear this outfit since forever, based on an old outfit of Sayaka's where she wore her Caramelo necklace with a similar shirtdress. (I'm wearing mine. You can see it if you squint at the bottom picture.) And my rattan clutch is actually the only clutch I own - I got it on sale last year, I think? So now it's my personal mission to use it as much as possible... which meant attaching a chain to it, as I'm paranoid of leaving it on the bus! Because, ahem, it's the only clutch I've ever owned!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that dress. I'm determined to nab something from Cath Kidston all of her pieces are so damn adorable!! <3 And I'm amazed that I haven't ever left my clutch anywhere... five martinis later and that thing has still come home with me! ;)

    PS Thank you for your sweet insta words on our beloved pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, Veronika! If you have strict customs laws in Canada like they do over here, I'd be happy for you to send the item via me, and then send it as a gift. Drop me an email, I don't mind doing that at all!

      Five martinis and I'd be asleep on top of Victor, not worrying about my clutch, haha! I'm like, the cheapest drunk in the world.

      And I do know something of what you've been through with poor Pumpkin, I lost a beloved pet too, once. When an animal refuses to eat or drink, that's when you know their time has come. I know you gave him a wonderful life, though, and did everything you could for him. So try not to feel too bad!

      Delete
  2. I love your outfit. That happens to me all of the time with blurry pictures. It always is the best one, too. The shoes look really cute with it. Have they become more comfortable? I love the belt with the clutch. Perfect pops of color!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni! At least the first one was clear, eh? I know what you mean, it's always the nice ones that get messed up! The shoes are completely fine now - in fact, I wore "proper" shoes the other day and they rubbed against the back of my feet until blisters happened and popped. So now I can't wear any other shoes besides my Birkenstocks, due to the coin-sized hole in the back of my left foot. I can see my own meat, it's totally gross, haha.

      Delete
  3. This is really pretty! It has a folksy fairytale quality to it, but of course you modernized it and made it more fun! I super love the chunky mint bauble necklace. I still struggle with lighting and blurriness in photos. I've at least switched from my iPhone to a real camera, not that it's a great camera, but it's an improvement!

    I need to email you back shortly, as well. It's been a whirlwind few weeks, and I think I have some packages that need sending your way... ;-)

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz! I saw an all-mint version of that necklace at Nordstrom when I was in the States for Christmas, and I think Anthro carries it in other colourways from time to time, too... But I love my version the most, hehe.

      Glad to hear you've got a "real" camera - you should see if it's possible to get a remote for it! My remote wasn't expensive at all, and it's been so handy. Oh, and I just responded to your email - thanks hon! :)

      Delete