Monday, 28 July 2014

Ship Ahoy!

Dress: Lindy Bop via Bogaloo, Belt: Vero Moda, Tub: Victorian Plumbing. 

So we're in our new flat, which I shall henceforth refer to as the Epic Construction Site. All the bathroom stuff got delivered the day before, and as a result we had a bathtub sitting in one of  the bedrooms. I guess it was my own fault for asking Victor to take my outfit photos... You could practically see the lightbulb switch itself on over his head when he yelled, "I know! Get in the tub! And hold this!"

 

So here I am, making like the ferryman at the River Styx. If you've never seen a "naked" bathtub before, let me tell you, standing in one is a scary, wobbly experience! There's only a small square - where I'm standing - that actually sits on the floor, so if I stepped anywhere else, the whole tub would tilt. I was terrified of breaking it, so Victor had to steady the tub with one hand and help me into it with the other the way nice ladies used to get helped into boats back in the day. But these pictures crack me up, so it was well worth it!


This dress, by the way, was Victor's birthday present to me. It's extra special because we got it at a shop that's run by one of my oldest friends. We've literally known each other since kindergarten - in fact, she once threw a bread-roll at my head in a fit of rage when we were in school, because we wound up going to the same school, too! I'm a huge believer in supporting your friends when they do something cool, it's just not often that I find anything that I like or think I can get away with in her store, because it's got such a 1950's vibe, you know? But  this dress called to me from the sale rail - it was the last one she had, and it fit me perfectly, so clearly, this was kismet. (Also, Victor had completely failed to find me a birthday present over a month earlier, so he eagerly jumped in and paid for it. There is also something... fateful about a lovely man with a guilty conscience - he basically wasn't gonna let us leave the shop without buying something!) 

6 comments:

  1. Are you guys redoing you entire flat? Major props to you guys!

    And beautiful dress - with tub or no tub! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we are - while paying rent at our old place and living there! The state it was in, we just had to get it fixed up - let's just say it had a bit of a crackhouse vibe going, there. ;)

      And thanks! It's quickly becoming a favourite, this dress! :)

      Delete
  2. Aaackkk!! Love the bathtub photos! Perfect! And so is that dress. It fits you like a glove and what a pretty pattern. Husband guilt is sometimes very useful - as I say chuckling gleefully.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee, thanks Cynthia! :) And yeah, I did enjoy tormenting him in that month-and-a-half after my birthday - he'd be like, "Is there anything you like?! Can I buy you THIS?!" and I'd be like, "Nah..." Hehe, I'm evil - but then, what's the sense in getting a present I won't use, right? ;)

      Delete
  3. You are officially my hero. And Victor is the coolest for coming up with that idea. You must frame this photo and put it in the bathroom when it is completed! It would be awesome!

    I love that dress on you. You look so pretty. It definitely was meant to be. And I am loving your hair, too. I am so excited for your new apartment. When is the completion date? Are you able to live there during construction?

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, well he *is* pretty cool - remember that time with the homeless men? "I'm not that kinda guy!" Putting this photo in the bathroom is a great idea! I could grey-scale it since the bathroom will have a black-and-white theme... When my future kids accuse me of being boring, I can whip this photo out! ;)

      Unfortunately, we can't live there during construction, because they're literally ripping the whole place apart and rebuilding from scratch. But once they have the kitchen and bathroom finished and the carpets have been put in, we can at least give notice at our old place. We just don't want to find ourselves homeless in the interim, so to speak!

      And thank you, hon - your compliments make me want to twirl and whisk my hair around like a L'oreal model - because I totes *am* worth it, ya know? ;)

      Delete