Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Tick Tock

Dress: Cath Kidston, Cardigan: J.Crew factory, Sandals: Birkenstock. 

So I accidentally snorted shower gel the other day. It was... odd. See, we were in the supermarket, and I'd been wanting to try this shower gel that claims to contain the juice of 40 real limes. So basically, I thought, this would be like having a mojito shower, right? I couldn't help but open the cap to sniff it, and then a little bit of the shower gel sort of bubbled up and found its way up my nostril. And that felt kind of weird. I don't have any hallucinogenic visions to report. I did start laughing though. 


In other news, Victor has gone without coffee for two days now, and this is a bit of a milestone in Victorland. Yesterday, he explained the whole plot of that movie Children of Men to me, about how the main character is trying to get this woman and her baby to safety in a world where everyone has become sterile, so everyone wants to steal her baby... The main character was being shot at all the time, Victor said, but throughout the whole movie, he never picks up a gun. 
"That's kind of cool," I said, nodding. 
"I feel like him today," Victor replied, twitching.  


And finally, even though I should be saving my pennies for new bathmats and toothbrush holders and whatnot, since we're waiting to move into our new apartment... I had to buy this dress. Because it has clocks on it, you know?! Lots and lots of vintage clocks. I walked into a Cath Kidston store at random a week or so ago and saw this dress there, and since then, I just couldn't get it out of my head. I mean, it's insane, right? But it's adorable! Isn't it...? Or am I just a shower gel-snorting nutbag?

9 comments:

  1. It's very you and a gorgeous dress! Definitely deserves higher priority than tooth brush holders etc..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! :) I guess we can just migrate our old bathmats and things over to the new place - even though they won't match the tiles... *head explodes*

      Delete
  2. That dress is amazing! You had to buy it. I love it so much. Maroon does not look good on me but you rock it. I am jealous. You know there is a lime shortage right? Lime prices are supposedly skyrocketing. So basically you just snorted the equivalent of one clock on that dress. Or somethin'. I do not know I am delirious with exhaustion. Looking at your dress makes me realize the time I have to get up tomorrow and also now i want a mojito.

    Victor is so smart. I love how he described that movie and brought it around to coffee. I could not survive! I have to have my caffeine. Victor is a trooper... Or maybe he is secretly sniffing shower gel. ; )

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAHAHA!! One lime per clock, I love it! We did actually hear about the lime shortage, but they stopped reporting on it over here a while ago. Luckily I bought this amazing keg of pre-mixed mojito from the taxfree airport store the last time I was in Norway - Viking-Fjord, is what it's called. You literally just add ice, no limes necessary! So I can get ethically ratfaced in the comfort of my own home! ;)

      Victor finally broke his coffee fast after four days... I told him you said he was a trooper, and he was like, "Uh...?" Obviously stunned from caffeine withdrawal. Now he claims he feels no different after his one sinful iced latte, and that he's discovered he doesn't need caffeine at all - like he's ascended to some kind of Boddhisatva level of coffee free sainthood or something. Pfft, he'll be back to worshipping full-time at the coffee-altar in no time! ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh, and they have two slightly different versions of that dress in dark green. Just sayin'! ;)

      Delete
  3. Of course you should buy an awesome dress instead of bathmats and toothbrush holders. I would have done the same thing.

    Like Jenni - I also thought of the lime shortage. Maybe because we are so close to Mexico that we get news about it constantly. My thoughts were a little darker though so I won't get into them.

    Victor is brave for giving up coffee. I can only imagine his headaches. Yikes.

    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the validation, honey! Four people agreeing with me here is more than justification enough for me, haha. It seems like lately, all I want to wear is dresses - I guess that's because it's so hot right now! So I'll justify this dress even more by getting lots of mileage out of it.

      I'm sorry to hear there's a darker side to the lime shortage, but I'm not surprised - whether it's traders manipulating the market to make prices rise, or pesticides ruining crops, or global warming... there is always some hidden truth behind things like this.

      On a happier note, Victor hasn't had any headaches, and the lack of caffeine in his system seems to be helping him de-stress - and he also seems to think he's attained some level of enlightenment, which is always a bonus, I suppose. That, or his brain's blown a gasket from caffeine withdrawal... ;)

      Delete
  4. That dress is so cool! Who needs bathmats or toothbrushes ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Who indeed - in fact, Victor won't even notice that I brought along old stuff that doesn't match the new bathroom, will he? I mean, he's a guy after all! ;)

      Delete